[SOLVED] Possible center of gravity issues for stable flight

Post here to get support
frac
Beginner

[SOLVED] Possible center of gravity issues for stable flight

Post by frac »

Hello, first off thank you for an awesome and neat little product. I've had fun putting it together and getting everything to work, but I can't quite get it to fly in a stable manner yet.

I've made sure I have all controls, thrust, pitch, roll, and yaw available, but I'm still having trouble getting it to hover in a stable manner. I've made sure all the propellers are spinning in the correct direction, yet when I add enough thrust it seems to almost want to spin, almost as if one propeller isn't quite keeping up or there is a balance issue. I've made sure there is no debris like hair inhibiting the spinning of any propeller.

I noticed I put my battery on upside down compared to the picture I see, perhaps that is effecting the center of gravity? Upside being, the orange part is facing the opposite direction I see in the picture. The directions didn't really specify the battery direction, so long as it was placed in the center.

Perhaps putting the battery in the center by eye is incorrect, and a more precise way is needed?

I noticed there is a link in the wiki: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... and_tricks Which is currently blank. I'm assuming information on how to correctly balance and put the finishing touches to get it to fly stable will probably be on that page and that I'm not completely missing the boat.

Anyway, would love to get some real flying in soon!

Thanks a lot.

Edit: Okay I figured it out myself, one of the propellers was on wrong, meaning the side that it was spinning toward, had clock wise propeller when it was spinning counter clockwise.

I'm leaving this up instead of deleting it in case others have a similar issue.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] Possible center of gravity issues for stable fl

Post by tobias »

Great that you solved it!
The center of gravity is actually not that crucial but it helps improving the performance and also helps for getting a vertical take off.

We are planning to get the "tips and tricks" page written, but so much to do and so little time :)