Firmware Upgrade Issue

Post here to get support
ross123540
Beginner

Firmware Upgrade Issue

Post by ross123540 »

Im using the Bitcraze VM version 0.5 and im having a issue upgrading the firmware on the radio.

Im following the instruction on the Wiki:
Start up the VM and download the latest firmware from here (currently v0.51). Place the firmware in /home/bitcraze/projects/crazyradio-firmware
Open up a terminal
Insert the Crazyradio and pass it to the VM
Run the following commands:
> cd ~/projects/crazyradio-firmware
> python usbtools/launchBootloader.py
Launch bootloader .
Bootloader started
Once the bootloader is started the Crazyradio dongle will dissapear ad a new device named Nordic Semiconductor nRF24LU1P-F32 BOOT LDR will appear. If you do not have a filter set up for the bootloader in the VM then script will say that it failed. This is ok. Pass the bootloader device into the VM and continue.
Run the following command:
> python usbtools/nrfbootload.py flash cradio-0.52.bin
Found nRF24LU1 bootloader version 18.0
Flashing:
Flashing 5771 bytes...
Flashing done!
Verifying:
Reading cradio-0.52.bin...
Reading 5766 bytes from the flash...
Verification succeded!
If you see Verification succeded then unplug the dongle and re-insert it again. If you do not see this message, but instead some error. Do NOT unplug the dongle, try to reflash the firmware instead.
I keep getting the error :IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'cradio-0.52.bin'
As you can see from the attachment "cradio-0.52.bin" is in the "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyradio-firmware" folder so I don't understand the issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 16.58.07.png
ross123540
Beginner

Re: Firmware Upgrade Issue

Post by ross123540 »

Ok I manage to upgrade the crazyradio firmware.
I had to use the Bitcraze VM version 0.3 without running the update script first.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Firmware Upgrade Issue

Post by tobias »

Great that you solved it. We will try to reproduce it and fix it if we need to. Thanks for notifying us!