Motor Mounts Won't Fit

Post here to get support
asaddler
Beginner

Motor Mounts Won't Fit

Post by asaddler »

I already have the motors in the motor mounts but it is impossible to connect to the Crazyflie. I tried pushing hard to fit in but I'm worried I might break the arm. I also tried connecting the Crazyflie with an empty motor mount and still wouldn't fit. Am I not pushing hard enough? Also, is there any way to expand the motor mounts so the Crazyflie can fit? Thanks in advance.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Motor Mounts Won't Fit

Post by tobias »

It should not be like that. Could you maybe send a picture of the PCB arm and motor mount? What you can do is to use a rasp to slim the PCB arms a bit.
asaddler
Beginner

Post by asaddler »

This is the only way it can be added in after pushing hard.
Attachments
IMG_9234 (800x600).jpg
asaddler
Beginner

Post by asaddler »

It seems that they aren't the same size
Attachments
IMG_7284 (800x600).jpg
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The motor mounts should be pressfit but not much force should be needed. We have not heard of any problem with this before. When and where did you get the Crazyflie? Would you say it is the with or the height of the PCB arm that is to big? Can you try different motor mounts on different PCB arms and see if that helps?
asaddler
Beginner

Post by asaddler »

I ordered the Crazyflie about two weeks ago from get005 through Amazon. I would definitely say the problem is with the height. Also, none of the motor mounts work with any of the arms.
asaddler
Beginner

Post by asaddler »

Some other strange things with the kit is that there was no sticky pad and the motors have red and blue wires instead of black and white if that is any help. Also, would you recommend trying to expand the motor mounts or shave the arms?
asaddler
Beginner

Post by asaddler »

Never mind, I sanded the arms down to get them to fit. I just thought it was weird why my kit seems a bit different. Thanks for the help.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I kind of figured you got hold of a Geeetech copy. It makes me a bit sad because Geeetech booth sell these without our permission and make bad quality stuff... :evil: I hope you get it to work.