RPI Headless operation question

Post here to get support
Mike6158
Beginner

RPI Headless operation question

Post by Mike6158 »

I use an RPI (headless) to control the copter with a wireless PS3 controller. Every time I want to fly it with the RPI I power the RPI up and I have to execute the following commands:

ssh bitcraze@IP address
then enter the password

then

sudo sixad --start

"Start" then prompts me to push the connect button on the PS3 controller and when I do the PS3 controller synchs to the bluetooth dongle. Since I run the RPI headless I'm not sure how I will know when it wants me to push start on the controller.

The question:
Is there a way to have the commands run at startup? Kind of like the old autoexec.bat files we used to have in the dark days of DOS? And is there a way that to know that it wants me to push the start button on the PS3 controller.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: RPI Headless operation question

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I am currently working on exactly that for the new rpi image that we are planing to release on Monday :)

I got it to start on boot doing the following:

Code: Select all

sudo sixad --boot-yes
sudo update-rc.d sixad defaults
For knowing when to push the PS button there is not enough LED on the raspi!, I have been looking for a solution but the best I have so far is to wait for the "act" LED to stop blinking. Then the boot is pretty much finished.

For the story, the scripts that runs at startup (like autoexec.bat, I haven't thought about this one in years!) are in /etc/init.d/ and the update-rc commands permits to enable the sixad script on boot (which should have been activated by the sixad command but whatever they are doing seems a bit hack-ish and did not work for me ...).
Mike6158
Beginner

Re: RPI Headless operation question

Post by Mike6158 »

Thank you! I really enjoy the Crazyflie. I think it's the best way to get going with the RPI and quad copters out there. It's been fun.
arnaud wrote:Hi,

I am currently working on exactly that for the new rpi image that we are planing to release on Monday :)

I got it to start on boot doing the following:

Code: Select all

sudo sixad --boot-yes
sudo update-rc.d sixad defaults
For knowing when to push the PS button there is not enough LED on the raspi!, I have been looking for a solution but the best I have so far is to wait for the "act" LED to stop blinking. Then the boot is pretty much finished.

For the story, the scripts that runs at startup (like autoexec.bat, I haven't thought about this one in years!) are in /etc/init.d/ and the update-rc commands permits to enable the sixad script on boot (which should have been activated by the sixad command but whatever they are doing seems a bit hack-ish and did not work for me ...).