Crazyflie powers off after 5 seconds

Post here to get support
naderc
Beginner

Crazyflie powers off after 5 seconds

Post by naderc »

Hello, I am facing a problem with one the crazyflie nano quad copters. After assembly, when I press the power on button, the crazyflie powers on for like 5 seconds and then shuts down. When I connect it to a PC using the USB, it works properly, it even flies. I checked the battery but nothing is wrong with it. Can you please advise me on what might be the problem? I tried to look at the troubleshooting and FAQ section online but I could not find any links related to this problem. Please Help.
naderc
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie powers off after 5 seconds

Post by naderc »

This a a video showing what happens when I turn the crazyflie on : http://youtu.be/2FJC6y0T89U
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The Crazyflie has a safety shutdown if the battery voltage goes below 3.0V. I'm guessing this is what's happening. It could also be something wrong the the PCM circuit that protect the battery. If you connect to Crazyflie with the cfclient with the USB attached what voltage does it report in the upper right corner?
naderc
Beginner

Post by naderc »

The voltage is 0 mv when I connect it using the USB.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Since the Crazyflie is working from battery I would guess something is fishy with the analog reading of the battery voltage. Do you like troubleshooting your self or would you rather have Seeedstudio handle it. Seeedstudio is responsible for the hardware (if you bought it from them or any of their distributors) and to me it looks like a hardware problem. You can contact them here.

My guess it that the transistor Q5 (Type 2N7002) is damaged which turns on to be able to measure the battery voltage.
naderc
Beginner

Post by naderc »

I will try to contact the distributors first and see if I get a new one. I assembled 3 other quad-copters and nothing went wrong , most probably it is a hardware problem like you said. thanks a lot for your help
Pyrex
Beginner

Post by Pyrex »

Make sure that it has no shorts on any of the contacts you soldered while installing the motors. I had one little micro whisk of solder shorting it out and it was doing this to me as well.