Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle on an M1 Mac

Post here to get support
fmarrar
Beginner

Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle on an M1 Mac

Post by fmarrar »

Hi,

I am running into issues with the Crazyradio Dongle getting recognized on an M1 Mac. I have it working and running on my Windows 10 PC, and it works on other Macs. However, when I plug it into my M1 Mac, it does not work. I have tried different dongles, different adapters to plug in the laptop. Nothing works. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this? I have a MacBook Air M1 chip Big Sur 11.5.2. Thank you!
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle on an M1 Mac

Post by kristoffer »

Hi!

We do not have a M1 Mac (yet) and have not really tested the lib/client on it. I did manage to get temporary access to a M1 Macbook yesterday for a quick tests and tried to install the lib/client and ran into various problems when pip installing (qt and numpy for instance). I did not have time to do any deeper investigations but I think it is likely that there are problems. They can probably be fixed (we possibly have to wait for new releases of some components) but it will be hard until we have permanent access to a M1.

The Crazyradio did show up as a USB device (in "About this Mac/System Report...) so that part works :-)