Z axis estimation not working correctly

Post here to get support
alpylmz
Beginner

Z axis estimation not working correctly

Post by alpylmz »

Hi. I am using Crazyflie 2.1 with a Flow Deck. I controlled the Crazyflie with my phone, there seems no issue with motors or communication. However, I am having trouble with autonomous flying. I could not make it takeoff. I checked it with cfclient and saw that Z axis estimation shows a value between 110-140. I am suspecting that this is the main problem. How can I make sure that the Z axis is estimated as 0 after calibration?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Z axis estimation not working correctly

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Perhaps the flowdeck is not mounted up correctly. You can check by checking the symbols on the deck and the crazyflie. This pictures shows how it is not supposed to be
flowdeck_upsidedown.PNG
secondly, we need to see if the crazyflie is detecting the flowdeck correctly. Please copy paste the output of the console tab of the cfclient. How to reach that you can find the instructions here.
alpylmz
Beginner

Post by alpylmz »

Thank you! It seems that I somehow broke one of the headers of flow deck and I didn't notice that. Now I will get one header to solder it. Do you know anywhere that I can get the exact headers as flow deck? I searched the internet but it seems that these headers are kinda special size.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Ahh okay, good you noticed that. You should probably also check if there weren't pads on the flowdeck that are ripped off so that it can't be soldered on anymore.

We sell these headers in our own shop actually! https://store.bitcraze.io/products/fema ... -connector
alpylmz
Beginner

Post by alpylmz »

It's perfect but it seems that there is no shipment to Turkey. I will try to find a way. Thank you for your help.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

There is indeed no shipment to turkey, but send us an email to contact _at_ bitcraze.io. Perhaps we can send it by regular post.