Single Blue Light on M2 (Sometimes M3)

Post here to get support
DM7299

Single Blue Light on M2 (Sometimes M3)

Post by DM7299 »

Hello,

I seem to have disconnected a Crazyflie 2.1 midway through an update, and now when it is turned on only a single blue LED (M2) turns on. I searched through the forum and found a couple of mentions of this problem, but most of the solutions seemed to lead to defunct links or solutions that didn't work when I attempted them (perhaps meant for previous versions of the CF?). I tried following the steps in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1801&start=10 and viewtopic.php?t=2947 and was unsuccessful.

So - I am able to hold down the power button when reconnecting the battery (or connecting the CF to a computer), and the blue light will change to either a slowly flashing mode, a quickly flashing mode, and a mode where both M2 and M3 turn on and off, slightly desynchronized from each other. I am unable to connect it to the client in any mode except for when the two lights are flashing, and when I do this, the client will find the CF in a scan, and then attempt to connect (with no success) for as long as I leave it on (longest attempt was half an hour, which seemed like more than enough time to assume something had failed). I also tried switching to the Cold Boot (Recovery) tab, but any attempts to use this were met with the error message start_bootloader() got an unexpected keyword argument 'cf'

Any ideas of how to work this out? Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 5.06.10 PM.png
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Single Blue Light on M2 (Sometimes M3)

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

It seems that your cfclient and cflib versions are not rightly aligned. Did you install the cfclient from source?

The quickest to solve that is to do the following:

Code: Select all

pip3 uninstall cflib cfclient
pip3 install cfclient
The latter will also install the right version of cflib as well.

Let us know if you can now do the recovery boot!
DM7299

Re: Single Blue Light on M2 (Sometimes M3)

Post by DM7299 »

It works now, thank you!