Hardware all properly set up but lighthouse deck not being initialized

Post here to get support
Jadenbh12
Beginner

Re: Hardware all properly set up but lighthouse deck not being initialized

Post by Jadenbh12 »

Okay so now I can flash the firmware, but for some reason the deck isn’t updating. The blue progress bar finishes and the crazyflie restarts twice, but when I reset it the deck still has the blue and red lights on. Also in the console it says that there are 0 decks detected despite the fact that I have one connected. So it’s just not detecting or updating at all.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Alright, so a red led and blue led is good, but the not connecting properly is bad. It seem to be a connection problem now

Perhaps you can try:
- remove and then reattach the deck
- disconnecting and reconnecting the battery of the crazyflie
Jadenbh12
Beginner

Post by Jadenbh12 »

Okay so I have the firmware flashed and the blue and yellow leds are on for the deck. Can I ask how to set up the base stations? I have two of the v1.0 and I haven’t been able to find a reliable guide
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

For the v1's, you just need to set them in the right mode, which can be found in the instructions if you click the 'v1 base station' tab.

Technically, for physicall setting them up it is exactly the same. You can either use a tripod like in the video, or use a wall mount. HTC vive has some [more setting up instructions](https://www.vive.com/hk/support/vive/ca ... tions.html) which shows how you can set it up physically. However, the whole setting it up in software is not necessary as that is being done in the cfclient (as according to the bitcraze tutorial instructions).