flow deck v2 error

Post here to get support
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: flow deck v2 error

Post by tobias »

So the problems is related to the flow deck v2 and not the multiranger. And you get the same error with both boards? If it is only one board I would say it is a problem with the VL53L1x sensor but if it is on two boards I'm confused and would guess that there is some problem on the CF2.1 side, like the connector. However the multiranger also uses the i2c buss and this works fine so the buss is not totally broken.

Do you have a multimeter so you could check that you have a connection between the CF2.1 and the flow deck? Especially check the i2c bus (pin 4,5 on the left side). To rule out soldering issue of the connector try to measure on the soldering pad. If you feel uncertain how to do this I can try to put together an explaining image.
AriadnaR
Beginner

Post by AriadnaR »

I do have a multimeter. Could you attach the image?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Check that it is a connection between the two red measurement points and between the two blue when they are mounted together.

Also, do you have two flow decks or did I read that wrong?
Attachments
Flow scl-sda measurement points.png
AriadnaR
Beginner

Post by AriadnaR »

I changed the pins to see if the flow deck worked and it did for a while. Then it had the error again. You are probably right and there is a soldering problem.
Attachments
Screenshot (2250).png
Screenshot (2249).png
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

OK, good, one step forward. Then we know it is a connection issue. I think then it is either the connector tongues or the soldering legs of the connector, and my guess is the latter. Can you try to inspect the soldering of the connector legs to the board. It is probably on the flow deck but could be on the crazyflie as well.
AriadnaR
Beginner

Post by AriadnaR »

I think the soldering is good but I attatched an image in case you see something wrong.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-11 at 7.49.44 AM.jpeg
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It is hard to see in the image and it can be very subtle but often noticeable if one looks closely. Also the foam pad is in the way to see the inner legs. I highlighted the pads on the flow deck that are most likely to have a problem but it could be one of the others. If you feel uncertain perhaps you can take a close up high resolution image and possibly I could spot it.
Attachments
flow-i2c.pads.png
flow-i2c.pads.png (117.05 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

After testing a bit myself I think it is most likely pin 1 (VCC) on the left side that is not connected.
AriadnaR
Beginner

Post by AriadnaR »

Hello,
So my research professor had to give me a new Crazyflie since the flow v2 deck was new and it is rare that it is failing. When I connected it to the new Crazyflie the flow v2 and multi-ranger worked perfectly. So, I guess it is a Crazyflie error.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Then we know it is the Crazyflie. I'm pretty certain now that it is pin 1 (VCC) on the left side that has a glitch. Feel free to contact us at support@bitcraze.io to ask for a replacement board.