Cannot build firmware

Post here to get support
pimpam
Beginner

Cannot build firmware

Post by pimpam »

I have tried to build the firmware by following https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... uctions.md also tried to install many packages in Cygwin that might be solved the problems from time to time, but I've still got the error like this

$ make
CLEAN_VERSION
VTMPL version.c
CC version.o
make -C .//tools/make/cmsis_dsp/ CRAZYFLIE_BASE=/home/user/crazyflie-firmware PROJ_ROOT=/home/user/crazyflie-firmware V= CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-
CC arm_abs_f32.o
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: /home/user/crazyflie-firmware/vendor/CMSIS/CMSIS/D
SP/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [../targets.mk:27: arm_abs_f32.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile:413: libarm_math.a] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:398: build] Error 2

Is there anyone knows how can I solve this?

P.S. I use Cygwin on Windows OS.
pimpam
Beginner

Re: Cannot build firmware

Post by pimpam »

I solved my problem! I use "WSL" instead of Cygwin based on the issue here https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... IZv-LFVyn8
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for the update. I think we will remove the cygwin instruction and replace them with WSL. However, we sill need to solve the flashing part through wsl. Right now the only solution to develop with wsl is to make in wsl and flash using the python-implemented cfloader command in windows (it is installed when installing the client with pip install cfclient), this is not ideal but it works for now.

I updated the github issue with instructions and an idea for a Crazyradio server. If the server idea would be useful to you, tell me and I will try to hack together a prototype for testing, I already have a prototype server that could be used.
pimpam
Beginner

Post by pimpam »

Thank you for your support. I did reply on the Github issue.