My Crazyflie won't hover

Post here to get support
MJ96
Beginner

My Crazyflie won't hover

Post by MJ96 »

Hi,

I have crazyflie stem ranging bundle, and I recently learned how to connect computer to crazyflie through python scripts and cfclient. I have tested some test scripts from the following links:

1. https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... ng-bundle/

2. https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... ne-bundle/

When I test scripts from the first link, my crazyflie turned on the motors but did not hover. To resolve this issue, what I did were to check everything I need from "Getting started with the Crazyflie 2.x" + "Balancing Propellers" and update the firmware using the bootloader. However, this solution did not work out.

To test different scripts, I have referred the second link. As I ran it in Visual Studio Code, the following error message popped up in the terminal. If there is any solution that I can try, and if you could let me know, I will greatly appreciate it.
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 4.45.17 PM.png
Thank you!
Sam
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: My Crazyflie won't hover

Post by kimberly »

Have you tried to connect the crazyflie to the cfcient first as in the tutorial? You can then check what the address is of of your crazyflie since your error message indicates that it can not connect to the crazyflie.

The fact that the propellers run but does not take of, could also indicate that the props have been put on it the wrong way. Please double check that with the getting started tutorial that the A and B props are located at the right motors.
MJ96
Beginner

Post by MJ96 »

Hi,

Thank you so much for the support. I am sorry for making a bad post since I am still a beginner in scripting and did not realize that the codes have different addresses, and I also thought my crazyflie package did not have propeller A but just B.

Once again, I appreciate your support overseas, and I will go ahead and fix the issues and try flying the drone!

Best,
Sam
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

No worries!
There are no stupid or bad questions. We want everyone to learn and evolve, regardless of the level they are on.

Have fun!
brayanokorner
Beginner

Post by brayanokorner »

thank you so much for this thread helped alot keep helping