android setup

Post here to get support
jonasost
Beginner

Re: android setup

Post by jonasost »

thanks again for all the advise. I tried the one you uploaded. It installs just fine but it crashes when I try to run it.

I am not that familiar with android and SDKs, will I be able to upgrade my phone ? It is so much information out there and it seems hard to find the correct setup and "how to" for my htc phone.

I guess the fix is to upgrade my phone, but how do I do that ?
jonasost
Beginner

Post by jonasost »

anyone ?
SuperRoach

Post by SuperRoach »

Don't really have enough information to go off - but list your phone and software version (settings ->about phone, list the kernal version). Might as well try and update your phone anyway though.
martin914
Beginner

Post by martin914 »

Hi all~

I want to read the coding of crazyflie android client and run it on eclipse, what should i do for doing this? and i downloaded the file from this link https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyflie-android-client, and after this how can it be running on eclipse?

Thank you so much.
Shuriken
Beginner

Post by Shuriken »

If you have ever developed Java code for any smart phone you would know that you have to select the individual versions AND the phone makes and models. Many developers don't pick EVERY version/phone/model because the code becomes extremely restrictive. So, the developer should tell you in their distribution package (you know, the README.TXT that no one reads!) which ones the app works with. Most code is developed for iPhones and Androids, latest version. The issue is that you can't predict what will work or not work on versions that come out AFTER you have written the software. Like the Galaxy S3 vs. S4.
vrdate
Beginner

Post by vrdate »

Can I use AIDE - Android IDE - Java, C++ with fredg02 Fork of Crazyflie Android client and develop directly on my Android Phone/Tablet?
chinlin
Beginner

Post by chinlin »

BTW, is there any radio driver for windows XP or MacOSX?

Thank you
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Is this what you are looking for?
derf
Expert

Post by derf »

@vrdate: I have not tried AIDE yet, but from the app's description it sounds like it could work. You just have to download the source code manually to your device, because Mercurialo is not supported. Please report back if it works!

I also added two wiki pages, that should hopefully answer most of the question about the Android app:

User guide: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... user_guide
Development guide: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... :dev_guide

If there is anything missing or wrong, please let me know (or edit the wiki).
Figgy
Beginner

Post by Figgy »

I have a second gen Moto X running KitKat 4.4.4 and have had nothing but problems trying to fly the first gen CF. I have followed all the instructions on how to set it up but the phone will not read the Crazyradio. I have downloaded the software from the Playstore and can't get the Crazyradio to send a signal. Does it just not work on the second gen MotoX? Any help would greatly alleviate some of the frustration.