[SOLVED] Battery voltage not reported

Post here to get support
ledvinap
Beginner

[SOLVED] Battery voltage not reported

Post by ledvinap »

Hello, I just assembled crazyflie and flashed newest firmware. Everything seems to work (waiting for controller, so no flight test), but battery voltage in cfclient is reported as 3000mV and when charging, there are only short blinks of green led. I can power CF from battery, it turns on and can connect to cfclient. Battery voltage is about 4.16 when running.
Is this expected behavior? Or is there some fix?
Surrender
Expert

Re: Battery voltage not reported

Post by Surrender »

If you are connected to the client and in the meanwhile you are loading the battery then the green LED is blinking only very short. Is it that what you asked?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
ledvinap
Beginner

Post by ledvinap »

Surrender wrote:If you are connected to the client and in the meanwhile you are loading the battery then the green LED is blinking only very short. Is it that what you asked?
Thanks, I missed that.
So the remaining problem is that battery voltage is reported as 3000mV in cfclient most of the time, only during flight I get some other value ...
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

What is your definition for running? Is the battery bar shoeing values over 4 volts or not?

ledvinap
Beginner

Post by ledvinap »

Seems that battery voltage over 3.999V is not displayed in cfclient binary version cfclient-win32-install-2013.4.1.exe. Using repository version fixes this ...
Surrender
Expert

Post by Surrender »

Okay that is because you have an older version of the cfclient. In the newer version is my fix included (battery shows up to 4.2V).
Maybe someone can create a exe file or i do so this evening if i have time.

ledvinap
Beginner

Post by ledvinap »

Surrender wrote:Okay that is because you have an older version of the cfclient. In the newer version is my fix included (battery shows up to 4.2V).
Maybe someone can create a exe file or i do so this evening if i have time.
No problem for me. But it is a bit confusing if you follow instructions letter-by-letter (= relax mode on ;-) )