[SOLVED] ROS Melodic

Post here to get support
santiagorg2401

[SOLVED] ROS Melodic

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi,
I have an issue when installing the crazyswarm ros packages

Simulation and Physical Robots
For real hardware operation, we assume that you have Ubuntu 16.04 with ROS Kinetic or Ubuntu 18.04 with ROS Melodic. with ROS Kinetic (desktop or desktop-full) installed (instructions).

Install the dependencies and clone the repository:

I have Ubuntu 18.04 with ROS Melodic but when I run "sudo apt install git swig libpython-dev python-numpy python-yaml python-matplotlib gcc-arm-embedded libpcl-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev sdcc ros-kinetic-vrpn-client-ros"
I got this error "Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete gcc-arm-embedded
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete ros-kinetic-vrpn-client-ros"
Is it needfull to have ROS Kinetic?
Last edited by santiagorg2401 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: ROS Melodic

Post by kimberly »

Hi I'm moving this thread to a support forum.

Have you tried asking the ones who maintain the crazyflie-ros-packages, since this is not maintained by bitcraze?

What you can try to do is to clone the repo in your src folder in catkin_ws, and then do catkin_make. This way you installed it from source. But this is on your own risk though... so it would be good to contact the creators
santiagorg2401

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi,
I did not know that the ROS Packages were not created by Bitcraze, so, who are the creators? and What is the way to do autonomous flight with the "Bitcraze" method?
whoenig
Expert

Post by whoenig »

Crazyflie_ros is created and maintained by me (Wolfgang Hoenig). Crazyswarm is created and maintained by James A. Preiss and myself. We frequently contribute back to the official repos such as firmware changes, but we are independent researchers. Bitcraze maintains a Python SDK and client. Both Python SDK and ROS stack have different features and use-cases. The Crazyswarm is best suited for university settings where you have a motion capture system such as VICON or Optitrack as it tightly integrates with such systems.

For your problems:
* On newer Ubuntu versions you have to install the ARM compiler following the instructions on the webpage: https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-sof ... ain/gnu-rm
* If you use ROS melodic, you simply change the package name, i.e. sudo apt install ros-melodic-vrpn-client-ros

In general, we are happy to help if you open an issue on github (https://github.com/USC-ACTLab/crazyswarm/issues).
santiagorg2401

Post by santiagorg2401 »

I am following these steps to install the ROS Packages
sudo apt install git swig libpython-dev python-numpy python-yaml python-matplotlib gcc-arm-embedded libpcl-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev sdcc ros-melodic-vrpn-client-ros
cd ~/crazyflie (I have it in a folder)
git clone https://github.com/USC-ACTLab/crazyswarm.git
cd crazyswarm
./build.sh
cd ros_ws/
catkin_make

But when I build it, I get an error:
Desde https://github.com/qualisys/qualisys_cpp_sdk
* branch 9562108240a74c930c41cc05e993873cb081a76e -> FETCH_HEAD
Ruta de submódulo 'externalDependencies/qualisys_cpp_sdk': check out realizado a '9562108240a74c930c41cc05e993873cb081a76e'
Ruta de submódulo 'externalDependencies/vicon-datastream-sdk': check out realizado a '94aa04411d6d03a7d13ec2832673f6f660e70616'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -DNRF51 -I Include -I Include/gcc -Iinterface -g3 -O0 -Wall -fsingle-precision-constant -ffast-math -std=gnu11 -DS110=1 -c -o src/main.o src/main.c
make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found
<integrado>: recipe for target 'src/main.o' failed
make: *** [src/main.o] Error 127
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Gcc-arm-none-eabi is also an dependency of the crazyflie firmware. Please follow the readme of https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware to install those dependencies.
santiagorg2401

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Ok, It worked, thank you for answering.
If I have the LPS System with 8 Nodes and 10 Tags, and 5 flow decks, which one would be more convenient to start flying autonomously?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Could you please start a new topic thread about your latest question? It is good practice to start a new forum thread if you have a question about a different topic, so it is easier for other users to find solution to similar problems. I would suggest in the Positioning systems and autonomous flight > Autonomous flight group.

Thanks!
santiagorg2401

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Ok, thank you