PS3 Device mapping

Post here to get support
ConcreteTurtle
Beginner

PS3 Device mapping

Post by ConcreteTurtle »

Hi guys,

I'm having a hard time getting my PS3 controller to work with the client software. I used MotioninJoy to get the PS3 controller outputs visible under windows 7, and in the devices and printers menu , the inputs from both sticks and all the buttons on the controller show up fine.

In the pc client, the mode 1 and mode 2 mappings for PS3 don't respond to the right stick vertical axis. Even when I try to change the mapping, there is no way to make it recognise the right stick vertical axis for any control.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling motioninjoy and the client, but still have the same issue. I've also had to clean out the AppData\Roaming\cfclient directories several times to stop the profiles disappearing.

Any advice would be most welcome, as I've almost had it flying, but need to get the PS3 controller working.

Thanks.

PS. I'm running windows 7 64bit, and version 2013.4.1 of the pc client.
(until my wireless gaming receiver turns up, then it's Raspberry pi and battery pack ftw)
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: PS3 Device mapping

Post by marcus »

Hi,

Did you have a look at the instructions that Patrick made? It has a list of the correct mappings in MotionJoy that should fit with the mappings in the Client.

/Marcus