[SOLVED] ... flight data but never transmit my control data

Post here to get support
limhyon
Beginner

[SOLVED] ... flight data but never transmit my control data

Post by limhyon »

Hi all.
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I've installed all dependencies that described in the wiki.
I can get flight data (horizon, message, angle everything) which means that the wireless dongle is working.

However, I can't get my joystick signal to a quad.
Even I move every stick (analogue stick, and I've turned on analog button on my PS2 joypad with USB dongle), doesn't run a motor.

I can see my quad motor is working because when I started a quad, rotor is slightly rotating.

How do I check what's the problem?
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: I can get flight data but never transmit my control data

Post by marcus »

Hi,

What mapping are you using for the controller? You don't need to be connected to the Crazyflie to test the controller, just start the cfclient, select the correct input device and cofiguration then test it to see if there's any output in the user interface on the FlightTab. Also have a look at documentation on the wiki to see how to test and set up the controller to create a specific mapping for your controller.

/Marcus
limhyon
Beginner

Post by limhyon »

Hi.
The connect that I meant is using cfclient, and connect by a wireless (not wired connection).
I can get my joypad working when channel mapping, but no throttle is provided when I run cfclient again.
How do I verify this problem?

1. I can see some progress bar moving when my analog stick of PS2 controller moved (with analog led turned on)
2. I clicked save, and exit the channel configuration.
3. When I move my analog stick, no motor rotates.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

If you go to Input Device->Configure device mapping then you should see your joystick in the top drop-down list. Select it and press Configure. Now for setting press Configure and follow the instructions. When you are done then enter a new name for the mapping in the bottom field and select Save. You should now see a text at the bottom of the main window saying something like "Using [Playstation 2 controller] with config [My PS2 config]" with the name [My PS2 config] being the name of you just saved configuration. Now when you push the throttle (even without being connected) you should see the Thrust bar increasing.
limhyon
Beginner

Post by limhyon »

Hi.
That's the problem.

I've tested on two of my machine.

1. Windows
2. Linux (Ubuntu)

On windows, I've installed binary cfclient (by setup wizard provided), and installed python 2.7.5, pygame, PyQt4.
But I'm not sure I've installed libusb and pyUsb correctly. However, cfclient can get flight data (attitude of a quad). Does this mean everything installed properly?
I assumed that I've installed everything properly because I can get a attitude data.
Anyway, my joystick interface recognized without driver (default). I can see my joystick list on device->configure menu.
I press configure button, then press detect button for each key. The save button was not enabled until I detect all keys including pitch+- thing.
After I saved and I confirmed that my configuration for joystick available on windows. But, no throttle response. Also NO THRUST BAR INCREASING.

On linux, I've installed all dependencies by apt-get without problem. I can run cfclient, and also I can get a flight data.
However, same problem. I can configure, detect, save joystick setting. But when I moved throttle command, no response. Even in the cfclient window, nothing happend.

BOTH OPERATING SYSTEM GIVES ME A SAME PROBLEM. I'M SURE THAT JOYSTICK WAS SUCCESSFULLY DETECTED AND I CAN SEE THE BAR IS MOVING WHEN I DETECT BUTTONS
HOWEVER, AFTER I FINISHED MY CONFIGURATION, NO THROTTLE BAR IS INCREASING.

CAN WE SETUP SOME SORT OF SKYPE MEETING TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM? OR HOW DO I VERIFY THE PROBLEM?

-Hyon
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

First of all, please no ALL CAPS, that's interpreted as shouting and you come off as kinda rude when using it :)

Please look into the lower left of your client. There you'll find the status bar which should display along the lines of "Using [<controller>] with config [<config>]". Please verify that "<controller>" is actually your controller, and "<config>" is actually the config you configured and saved. If it's not, take a look into the "Input device" menu in the client. There you'll find the submenus "Devices" and "Mappings". Select your controller in "Devices" and your config in "Mappings".
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Is it just the thrust that is not working or are none of the axis working? Could you take a screenshot of the client and attach it here? When taking the screenshot make sure that none of the 4 axis should be 0, so push both the analog sticks to the top left.

Could you also copy and paste the text that is in the black console behind the client?

/Marcus
mdavis45419
Beginner

Post by mdavis45419 »

I am having this same problem, everything appears to be configured correctly:
- I can connect to the Crazyflie and the flight data updates normally
- All mappings on my joypad work in the configuration menu

The only thing not working is my thrust, all the other target values change as configured when I move my sticks except thrust is stuck at 0. Oddly enough, if I map altitude hold that does get the props moving, although I get disconnected shortly thereafter due to lost packets...
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

mdavis45419 wrote:I am having this same problem, everything appears to be configured correctly:
- I can connect to the Crazyflie and the flight data updates normally
- All mappings on my joypad work in the configuration menu

The only thing not working is my thrust, all the other target values change as configured when I move my sticks except thrust is stuck at 0. Oddly enough, if I map altitude hold that does get the props moving, although I get disconnected shortly thereafter due to lost packets...
There was a bug that effected only the thrust (never being more than 0), but it should be fixed in the latest version on master. Could you try it out and see if it helps?
mdavis45419
Beginner

Post by mdavis45419 »

Thank you so much for such a quick reply, updating my client fixed the thrust issues.