Crazyflie 1.0 On/Off Button cant get in Bootloader Mode

Post here to get support
wirefighter
Beginner

Crazyflie 1.0 On/Off Button cant get in Bootloader Mode

Post by wirefighter »

Hello everyone
I got my hands on a Crazyflie10 DOF.
I installed the current APP on my old Nexus 7 (2012) and I also flew with the Crazyflie.

When connecting to crazyflie 10 DOF, I have this output in the PC client:

Code: Select all

IMU: MS5611 I2C connection [OK].
MPU6050: Self test [OK].
HMC5883L: Self test [OK].
MS5611: Self test [OK].
I can not see which firmware it should be. I found out that the last crazyflie-firmware-2017.06.zip for version 10 DOF has to be used to get the last update.

There is how it should be done!

https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie: ... re_upgrade

Code: Select all

For Crazyflie 1.0 now power it on within 5 seconds using the battery (not USB), the booloader should now connect Press “Browse” and select the binary you want to download (e.g. cflie.bin). Note: A *.bin file will be flashed to the STM32xxx only. Or select a zip file containing firmware for both nRF51 and STM32F405 for Crazyflie 2.0 as well as firmware for the STM32F103 for the Crazyflie 1.0.

Press “Program” and wait
Press “Restart in firmware mode”

To check the firmware version, under the View menu, open up Tabs→Console tab and look at the output when connecting to the Crazyflie 1.0/2.0. 
Unfortunately nothing happens when I press the On / Off button for 3 or 5 seconds!

I use the current crazyflie-clients-python on a Debian-9 system. I have not connected a game controller because I actually want to use the APP. But no firmware update works with the APP either.

A crazyflie is never found in bootloader mode! Logically, this is in any case because the button on the crazyflie does not work and therefore everything else.

The button on my crazyfly unfortunately has no function for bootloaders.

Where's the problem with my crazyfie10 DOF On/Off Button?

Thank you for your attention
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie 1.0 On/Off Button cant get in Bootloader Mode

Post by arnaud »

Crazyflie 1.0 did check for the bootloader at startup, you need to restart the Crazyflie while the client is searching for a bootloader. This is done just by clicking the button to switch off and then switch on the Crazyflie.

If the button does not work you can also disconnect and reconnect the battery to restart the Crazyflie while the client is searching for a bootloader (coldboot mode).