Crazyflie 2.1 - BigQuad Deck Query

Post here to get support
TheFalconType
Beginner

Crazyflie 2.1 - BigQuad Deck Query

Post by TheFalconType »

Hello everybody,

Long time browser, first time poster.
I have been using the Crazyflie 2.1 for a little while and I decided to finally give the BigQuad deck a go. Currently I have an unmodified Crazyflie 2.1 and another one with the BigQuad Deck attached. I have all the software set up and I am able to connect to either one independently. I have updated both of the quads to the latest firmware, and on the BigQuad variant, I have modified it to included the commented out parts as described in the tutorial for set up.

Upon power up and connecting to the PC through the CrazyRadio(!), the standard quad then is able to fly and as I give it thrust (with a gamepad), the motors then begin.

However on the big quad variant this does not happen. The cfclient states that the deck has been recognized and it has swapped over to brush-less, then after a short period, it says ready to fly, which means the sensors are all calibrated (I keep the quad on a separate table whilst it connects to avoid sensor calibration issues). After power on, the escs beep and after the cfclient states ready to fly, all the escs do indeed beep stating that they are ready to go. However when i give it throttle with the game-pad, nothing happens. In the software it shows the thrust increasing in the bar graph display, but nothing on the motor graph indicators. After probing the signal lines of the ESCs, I can see that no matter what, the PWM is at a fixed duty cycle (the frequency modification in code works as expected).

Is there something that I am missing?

Thank you for creating such a great platform, I am looking forward to building upon this with even wilder designs as part of the brush-less setup, which I will be able to share, when it starts flying.