Gamepad needs to be reconnected, reconfigured every time

Post here to get support
swarmsofswarms
Beginner

Gamepad needs to be reconnected, reconfigured every time

Post by swarmsofswarms »

Can anyone help me keep my XBox One controller connected and configured? Right now, every time I put my computer to sleep or close the client, my gamepad is no longer recognized, and I need to go into the "Input Device" > "Configure Device Mapping" menu to configure all the axes. Is there a way to make sure it's automatically recognized and configured so I can just start the client and begin flying?

I'm using Windows 10, Windows client, Crazyflie 2.1, XBox One Controller
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Gamepad needs to be reconnected, reconfigured every time

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

I've tried to replicate your situation with an xbox one controller on the windowsclient on windows 10. In my case, I was able to select the following:
select_xbox.png
It was grayed out for me before if I attached the xbox controller while the client was still open, but when I first plugged in the xbox controller and only afterwards opened up the client, I saw what I've attached on top. Also when I close and reopen the client, I could see the xbox 1 controller still being selected.

How does it look on your end?
swarmsofswarms
Beginner

Post by swarmsofswarms »

Thank you for your response!

I do get that behavior now. I don't have to reconfigure the controller every time, but occasionally (1 out of 10 times approximately), I do.

I do still have the problem that I must always connect the controller before starting the Crazyflie client. And if for some reason my controller loses connection, I have to restart the client to reconnect the controller. Is there any fix for that?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

I'm afraid there is no fix for that yet, but you could make a github issue for that in https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python ? Then we are able to look into it in the near future.

I hope that your current situation is workable for you for now?
swarmsofswarms
Beginner

Post by swarmsofswarms »

Yes it is workable, and I've created an issue on github. Thank you