a question about only M2 is blue

Post here to get support
wumenghust
Beginner

a question about only M2 is blue

Post by wumenghust »

Dear Professor:
I am sorry to bother you! My name is Meng Wu and I am research fellow in Royal College of Art. Recently, I am dong several research focus on path planning ,SLAM using Crazyflie2.0.
However, after trying to flash the crazyflie firmware, DFU update is good, I follow the steps in the website:
https://wiki.bitcraze.io/projects:crazy ... opment:dfu
After finishing the steps, I still could not connect crazyflie2.0 to PA radio device. M2 continue to become solid blue. I don't find solutions for this. please give me several good advice about how to fix such problem.
Best Regards
Meng Wu
June, 20, 2019
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: a question about only M2 is blue

Post by kimberly »

Hi Meng,

Were you able to resolve your problem in the mean time?

If you can still put your Crazyflie in bootloader mode by a long press of the power button, you are able to flash the new firmware on it.
wumenghust
Beginner

Post by wumenghust »

Dear Dr. Kimberly:
Recently, I could not make the crazyflie2.0 to step into bootloader mode by a long press of the power button. When I am pressing power button, Only M2 is blue and blink. M3 is not turning into blue.
I have try to fix such problem. However, after updating the firmware, it doesn't work.
Best Regards
Meng WU
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Have you tried the solution given in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3194&p=15556&hilit= ... are#p15556 ?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

From the description you most likely erased the STM32 radio bootloader using DFU.

Crazyflie is intended to be programmed using the radio bootloader, DFU is only a recovery mode (as described in the wiki page you linked). If you only program your Crazyflie using the radio bootloader, you will never have to use DFU mode and you will not risk to erase the bootloaders.

Now, the solution to recover the bootloader is to flash it via DFU. You can follow Tobias instruction on this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3225&p=15771&hilit= ... der#p15771.

Once you have flashed the bootloader, you will be able to reboot the Crazyflie in bootloader mode and to flash a release firmware, this will reprogram both nRF51 and STM32 and put back your Crazyflie in working order.