[SOLVED] PS3 Controller is not working

Post here to get support
amir64
Beginner

[SOLVED] PS3 Controller is not working

Post by amir64 »

Hi,
I have install MotioninJoy and it recognizes my PS3 controller and I am also able to change the controller panel setting. I installed crazyflie client 2013.4.1 on my windows pc andI tried all the mappings listed for ps3 but non gives full control over yaw/pitch/role/thrust. So I decided to change the setting via configure device mapping option in the client. After I changed the setting and restarted the client it kept giving me an error saying: "cfclient\utils\input.pyc", line 225, in startInput ValueError: u'Generic_OS_X is not in list". Also now the ps3 does not work at all on the client but motioninjoy still recognizes it.

I tried uninstalling/installing crazyflie client 2013.4.1 but still it gives me the same error. I read somewhere on the wiki there's a bug in the client version 2013.4.1. In order to fix this the wiki recommended manually deleting the contents of the user config folder. After I deleted the contents of the user config folder the client does not give an error anymore but mapping is still incorrect

Any help would be appreciated. I can't wait to fly this thing.
Fucitol
Beginner

Re: PS3 Controller is not working

Post by Fucitol »

Did you try to create a new mapping after you deleted the config folder? I've had the same thing (on OSX) and I had to create a new mapping since I removed everything.

And did the config work ok? So were you able to set all the axes (roll, pitch, yaw, thrust)? I don't have an idea what's wrong if it works in the config and doesn't in the app after saving..
amir64
Beginner

Post by amir64 »

I can create new mappings anyway I want. No problem with setting all the axes but once the new mappng is created and saved the client asks you to restart the client again for new mapping to take effect. Once I restart the client it gives me this error "cfclient\utils\input.pyc", line 225, in startInput ValueError: u'Generic_OS_X is not in list" and PS3 controller doesn't work. So the only option that I have left is to delete the contents of user config to get rid of the error. But once I delete the contents the mapping that I created also gets deleted so basically nothing has changed and, I'm back to the first base :(
amir64
Beginner

Post by amir64 »

Maybe if I get the config.jason file (Located in win: C:\Users\your_user\AppData\Roaming\cfclient, linux: ~/.config/cfclient) from somebody whose PS3 is working that would solve the issue. I think the new mappings that I create are not saved correctly.
TheFrog4u
Expert

Post by TheFrog4u »

Here is mine:

Code: Select all

{
  "device_config_mapping": {
    "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)": "Generic_OS_X", 
    "MotioninJoy Virtual Game Controller": "PS3_Mode_2"
  }, 
  "slew_rate": 30.0, 
  "client_side_xmode": false, 
  "input_device": "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)", 
  "link_uri": "radio://0/10/250K", 
  "max_yaw": 100, 
  "flightmode": "Advanced", 
  "max_rp": 20, 
  "open_tabs": "Flight Control,Log TOC,Parameters", 
  "trim_pitch": 0.0, 
  "slew_limit": 45.0, 
  "trim_roll": 0.0, 
  "max_thrust": 80.0, 
  "min_thrust": 25.0
}
amir64
Beginner

Post by amir64 »

Is this config.son file for PS3 controller or Xbox controller? Under what mode(PS3 mode 1 or 2 or OX-Generic) did you save the mapping?
TheFrog4u
Expert

Post by TheFrog4u »

Its for ps3 (actaly i used bluetooth, but that should not matter).. I saved it under Generic_OS_X. The "PS3_Mode_2" and "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)" is coming from MotionInJoy
amir64
Beginner

Post by amir64 »

it still doesn't work. I don't know what else to try :cry:
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Can you post the jason mappings file you saved to that doesn't work here?
amir64
Beginner

Post by amir64 »

All of sudden it started working :o I guess I needed to restart my computer. Thank you for your help.