CF2 able to be bootloaded but cannot connect to CR

Post here to get support
kt300
Beginner

CF2 able to be bootloaded but cannot connect to CR

Post by kt300 »

Hi, I'm trying to get my CF2 in the air using the VM. When I put my CF2 in bootloading mode, I can see the radio interface appear. After bootloading it, I can still see the radio. When I try to connect it either doesn't connect at all or it says 'too many packets were lost'.

Any help guys? :)
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: CF2 able to be bootloaded but cannot connect to CR

Post by tobias »

Hmmm, so boot-loading work well? If you press scan after booting it what address do you get then (if you get any at all)?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: CF2 able to be bootloaded but cannot connect to CR

Post by arnaud »

What URI are you seeing when trying to connect? If you are seeing radio://0/0/2M then this is the bootloader and you need to reboot your Crazyflie. If you see something like radio://0/80/250K then this is the firmware, and you might have communication problem for example due to strong wifi signals.

In that case the best is to switch to another channel and most importantly to 2M bitrate. You can do that by connecting your Crazyflie (and keeping it close to the Crazyradio) and setting it up with the client menu "connect/configure 2.0". you need to restart your crazyflie after writing the new configuration. If the radio communication is not stable enough you can always connect the Crazyflie using the USB connection.