[Solved] Roll not working

Post here to get support
bitcrazy
Beginner

[Solved] Roll not working

Post by bitcrazy »

Hi guys,

I have been using the crazyflie for 2 weeks now, and I recently realized my crazyflie can only move forward and backward but not sideways (meaning pitch works but not the roll). I am using PS3 controller with MAC OSX and in the client UI if I open Input Device -> Configure Device Mapping and select PS3_Mode_2 and using detect roll I can see that by moving the joystick (or whatever it is called) sideways on the PS3 controller to sideways, the roll slider moves sideways too. So it seems like the it's not a problem with the controller. Does it mean my crazyflie has a manufacturing defect or did I manage to damage it sometime while learning to fly. I am not sure what more information you need to diagnose the problem I can provide more info if you need.

Cheers.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Roll not working

Post by marcus »

Hi,

This is probably an issue with software, not hardware. If you look in the normal FlightControl UI do you see the roll changing when you use the controller? What max roll/pitch angle do you have set?

/Marcus
bitcrazy
Beginner

Re: Roll not working

Post by bitcrazy »

Ah you are right, my bad, it was configured to use Generic_OS_X mapping once I changed it to PS3_MODE_2 it works like a charm! Sorry for false alarm.