[SOLVED]BigQuad Issue - Crazyflie no longer turns on

Post here to get support
Lombazombie
Beginner

[SOLVED]BigQuad Issue - Crazyflie no longer turns on

Post by Lombazombie »

Hello,

I connected my BigQuad to my Crazyflie and connected it to a power supply (5 V). The Crazyflie turned on and all lights were blue. But now it will not turn on and I only get 1.7 V from the VCC pin. Any ideas? Thank you so much!

Thanks,
Lucas
Last edited by Lombazombie on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: BigQuad Issue - Crazyflie no longer turns on

Post by tobias »

Hi Lucas,

You only get 1.7v even if you remove the CF2 from the BQ-deck? If so try to feel what is getting hot because something is shorting the VCC line (and normally the regulator gets hot).
Lombazombie
Beginner

Post by Lombazombie »

Hello Tobias,

Thank you so much. It looks like after not touching it for a while, it appears to work. Although with the BigQuad deck connected, its not enough to power the Crazyflue even though we have 5V going through the BQ. It no longer gets hot now (maybe the first time there was something wrong with our supply).

After flashing the firmware a couple of times, we also have our crazyflie stuck on a single blue light (M2). We've tried using dfu to flash it back to normal, but no luck.

Seems that we are doing something very wrong with trying to get the BigQuad to work.

Thank you.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Thank you so much. It looks like after not touching it for a while, it appears to work. Although with the BigQuad deck connected, its not enough to power the Crazyflue even though we have 5V going through the BQ. It no longer gets hot now (maybe the first time there was something wrong with our supply).
Can you check the supplied voltage, It might be to low, it needs to be 5-5.5V preferably.
After flashing the firmware a couple of times, we also have our crazyflie stuck on a single blue light (M2). We've tried using dfu to flash it back to normal, but no luck.
Probably a corrupt flash. You can activate the boot loader again by coming from an un-powered state. That means hold the button while you attach power.
Lombazombie
Beginner

Post by Lombazombie »

Hello tobias,

Thank you so much for all the help.

We are using a desktop supply voltage. We can set it as high as 12V and currently its set to 6V. That is going to a BEC that drops it down to 5V and that goes to the BQ Deck. We've checked the voltage from the BEC and it is 5V.

This seems to me that it might be something with the connection between the Crazyflie, BQ and BEC.

We tried to activate the boot loader. We held the power button down and plug in the battery. It starts flashing (only the single blue M2 light). However it does not get picked up by the cf-client.

Should we be using dfu? I'm able to connect through the dfu process (link) but after flashing it with the latest firmware, still getting the solid blue light.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

With the DFU flash you might have overwritten the bootloader. Try flashing the bootloader back, the bin is available here.

Code: Select all

sudo dfu-util -d 0483:df11 -a 0 -s 0x08000000 -D cf2loader-1.0.bin
Then try to launch the radio bootloader again.
Lombazombie
Beginner

Post by Lombazombie »

That totally worked! Thank you!