Led's not as described in Wiki

Post here to get support
cci
Beginner

Led's not as described in Wiki

Post by cci »

While performing the "Check the electronics" step of the Crazyflie assembly directions, I notice that the lights on the main board do not light up as described. When first plugged in, the green LED flashes faintly a few times and then several times rapidly. After this the green LED turns off, the blue LED is steady on and the red LED blinks. Please advise.
seba
Beginner

Re: Led's not as described in Wiki

Post by seba »

cci wrote:...After this the green LED turns off, the blue LED is steady on and the red LED blinks. Please advise.
Can you see your CF with PC Client after power-on?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The green led goes into charge indication mode when the USB is connected. Can you plug in the battery and then connect the USB and see if the green led starts blinking to indicate that it is beeing charged?
cci
Beginner

Post by cci »

Can you see your CF with PC Client after power-on?
No, nothing shows up in device manager in Windows 8.
Can you plug in the battery and then connect the USB and see if the green led starts blinking to indicate that it is beeing charged?
Plugging the battery in to the main board does not change the behavior.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

If you don't have the battery connected then when plugging in the USB you should see the following:
1) Blue LEDs light up
2) Red and green LED flash quickly (this is the bootloader)
3) Green LED flashes 5 times quickly and red LED starts flashing once every second

If the battery is connected and you plug in the USB:
1) Blue LEDs light up
2) Red and green LED flash quickly (this is the bootloader)
3) Green LED flashes 5 times quickly and red LED starts flashing once every second
4) Green LED flashes (at different intervals depending on battery voltage) or is fully lit if the battery is fully charged

If you are using Windows 8 you will have to follow this guide to be able to install the Crazyflie drivers since they are unsigned.
cci
Beginner

Post by cci »

The green LED does not flash after initial boot with or without the battery attached.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I'm guessing the green led is broken. Have you tried connecting to it?
cci
Beginner

Post by cci »

The green LED does not appear to be broken since it does flash during initial boot. I have not yet attempted to connect with the crazyradio yet since I have not been at a place where rebooting my computer is a viable option which is apparently required to install unsigned drivers.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Any updates on this issue cci? Did you find the problem? I was thinking that maybe the USB didn't supply enough voltage. The charging only starts if it is above 4.4V.