[SOLVED] Quadcopter Lift Biased Towards Left

Post here to get support
Snow_Hunter121
Beginner

[SOLVED] Quadcopter Lift Biased Towards Left

Post by Snow_Hunter121 »

And that is only the first of the problems. But first, let me explain.
The quadcopter is the Bitcraze Crazy Flie. When I was finally able to connect to it, the quadcopter had more lift on the right hand side, flipping the quadcopter over every time we increased the throttle. I was never able to get the thing into the air.
But wait, there's more!
1. The software is terribly finicky - Over the past 4 computers I've tried the software on, only one worked.
2. The driver cannot be installed on Windows 8! I've followed the instructions without success - the driver installer complains that the driver does not have a proper signature and does not provide an override button.
3. The quadcopter. After trying a couple times to fly it, it started shutting down mid process until it finally stopped turning on.

Photos:
http://imgur.com/a/46fwQ
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Quadcopter Lift Biased Towards Left

Post by marcus »

Hi,

Looking at the pictures you posted it seems as if the propellers are not correctly installed which would explain why it is flipping over and you can't get it into the air. Please have a look at point 9 in the assembly instructions. You should switch the propellers for M3/4.

1) The software is still in an early development stage. If you can give us some more specifics on what problems you have been encountering we can fix them in future releases.
2) Like you say, our driver is not signed and this poses a problem when installing it on Windows 8. Please have a look at this guide where it's explained how to install unsigned drivers in Windows 8. If you are still having problems with it there's a virtual machine that can be used for flying, there's more information here.
3) Was the red LED fully lit? If so then the battery is low and the Crazyflie needs charging. Have a look at the the LED descriptions. If you connect the Crazyflie using USB does it power up?

/Marcus
Snow_Hunter121
Beginner

Re: Quadcopter Lift Biased Towards Left

Post by Snow_Hunter121 »

Thank you. Two of the rotors were put in backwards. However, I did plug it in before and it did not work but after trying again this time, it did work. Very Weird. Well all I have to do now is get my flying skills back. Thanks. :D