[SOLVED] M3 and M4 flipped

Post here to get support
chali
Beginner

[SOLVED] M3 and M4 flipped

Post by chali »

I made such a trivial, yet frustrating, mistake when soldering and now I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do next.

I soldered the M4 on the contacts labeled for M3. Similarly, I soldered the M3 where M4 was supposed to be... .grrrr.... to top that, my soldering skills are rusty (to put it mildly) and have limited or adequate tools. BTW, the M1 and M2 were done correctly.

Can someone recommend me a way to fix this??

Thx

Chuck
foosel
Expert

Re: M3 and M4 flipped

Post by foosel »

Haven't tried this out yet, but you might be able to swap the motors + mounts if your first carefully remove the motors from the mounts, then use the additional slack on the wire to detach the mount from the arm. If that works (as I said, I haven't tried it), see if you can just swap them that way. That of course assumes that you only soldered the motors to the wrong pads but on the pads adhered to the wire alternating.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
chali
Beginner

Post by chali »

foosel wrote:Haven't tried this out yet, but you might be able to swap the motors + mounts if your first carefully remove the motors from the mounts, then use the additional slack on the wire to detach the mount from the arm. If that works (as I said, I haven't tried it), see if you can just swap them that way. That of course assumes that you only soldered the motors to the wrong pads but on the pads adhered to the wire alternating.
Thank you. It didn't occur to me to start by dismounting the motor, I couldn't see past the limited slack... especially on M3. The wires were done in the alternating pattern... so it might be worth a try.

Wish me luck!!

Chuck
chali
Beginner

Post by chali »

chali wrote:
foosel wrote:Haven't tried this out yet, but you might be able to swap the motors + mounts if your first carefully remove the motors from the mounts, then use the additional slack on the wire to detach the mount from the arm. If that works (as I said, I haven't tried it), see if you can just swap them that way. That of course assumes that you only soldered the motors to the wrong pads but on the pads adhered to the wire alternating.
Thank you. It didn't occur to me to start by dismounting the motor, I couldn't see past the limited slack... especially on M3. The wires were done in the alternating pattern... so it might be worth a try.

Wish me luck!!

Chuck

It worked!!! Fantastic!! Again, thank you for the suggestion.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Glad that got solved so easily, re-soldering those motor wires is admittedly quite rage-inducing, at least for me ;)
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107