Crazyflie 2.0 Problem - I2C Connection FAIL (Red LED blinks 4 times)

Post here to get support
gneiron
Beginner

Crazyflie 2.0 Problem - I2C Connection FAIL (Red LED blinks 4 times)

Post by gneiron »

Hello, guys!
I have just received a Crazyflie 2.0 drone. It worked fine just for 5 minutes, but after a small crash it lost control from my mobile. I have then reconnected power and the red led on the drone started to blink. It blinks 4 times in ~1s. I have connected the drone to a PC via PC Client and it gave me an 'EEPROM: I2C connection [FAIL]' error in the console. After checking the drone, I discovered that it was missing two components: U1 and R29 (a 24AA64FT IC EEPROM and a 2.2K Resistor). Is it possible that those two parts have broken after a slight crash? Is it possible to flight the drone without a EEPROM? Where can I buy those parts?
Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 Problem - I2C Connection FAIL (Red LED blinks 4 times)

Post by tobias »

That is an unlucky crash. If you have soldering skills, soldering a new EEPROM and resistor should solve the problem. You could also change the firmware and return true in the EEPROM test. The CF2 will then default to hard coded settings which you could hard code yourself.
gneiron
Beginner

Post by gneiron »

tobias wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 am That is an unlucky crash. If you have soldering skills, soldering a new EEPROM and resistor should solve the problem. You could also change the firmware and return true in the EEPROM test. The CF2 will then default to hard coded settings which you could hard code yourself.
Thanks for such a fast reply! Yes, I was thinking about hard coding stuff that supposed to be written in the EEPROM. What about the resistor? I can't understand what is it connected to. Can I operate the CF without it?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The resistor is a pull-up for the I2C port that goes to the EEPROM and the deck port. If you will hard code and not use the EEPROM you don't need the resistor however if you get a deck that uses the I2C buss this must be soldered back.
gneiron
Beginner

Post by gneiron »

Ok, guys, I've managed to hardcode radio parameters into the firmware. I can now connect and operate the drone via mobile app. I can't connect to it throught a PC Client, tho. On the PC Client it correctly scans the radio, but doesn't connect to it. It also gets the log from the drone. What can cause such problem?