Trouble with client on Ubuntu 16.04

Post here to get support
season
Beginner

Trouble with client on Ubuntu 16.04

Post by season »

I'm sorry in advance if this has been addressed already, I haven't found any information in previous posts that has worked.
Everything that I see so far points to a permission or path issue but I am stuck at this juncture. I'm posting the error message(s) that occurs when I try to launch the client:

INFO:cfclient.gui:Disabling STL printouts
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cfclient", line 5, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cfclient-2018.01.3_6_g120c68c-py3.6.egg/cfclient/gui.py", line 135, in main
from .ui.main import MainUI
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cfclient-2018.01.3_6_g120c68c-py3.6.egg/cfclient/ui/main.py", line 33, in <module>
import cfclient.ui.tabs
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cfclient-2018.01.3_6_g120c68c-py3.6.egg/cfclient/ui/tabs/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
from .ConsoleTab import ConsoleTab
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cfclient-2018.01.3_6_g120c68c-py3.6.egg/cfclient/ui/tabs/ConsoleTab.py", line 35, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtCore import pyqtSignal
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sip'

When I run the script, I'm in the ~/crazyflie-clients-python/bin directory and I run as $python3 cfclient
Hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your time!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Trouble with client on Ubuntu 16.04

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

How did you install the client? Did you follow these instructions: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... hon/#linux ?

From the message it looks like pyqt5 is not installed so you are likely missing the apt-get part of the instruction.
season
Beginner

Post by season »

Hello Arnaud,
thank you for your response. I have tried the command sequence numerous times with the same results.

Let me ask a simple question, which directory should I be in when I execute the following commands:
$sudo apt-get install python3 python3-pip python3-pyqt5
$pip3 install -e .

Should the directory be:
Home
/crazyflie-clients-python
or
/crazyflie-clients-python/bin ?

Thanks again for your assistance.
Regards,
Season
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

"sudo apt-get install python3 python3-pip python3-pyqt5" can be executed anywhere.

"pip3 install -e ." has to be executed in the crazyflie-clients-python folder cloned from git.

What output do you have in the console when you type the commands?
season
Beginner

Post by season »

Sorry about the delay Arnaud,
After reading more I was concerned about the Python version. Everything references v3.5 but I had been running v3.6
I reinstalled Python to have v3.5 (on Ubuntu 16.04) and started again from scratch. The permission errors seemed to have disappear but a new problem is shown.

When I execute cfclient from the ~/crazyflie-clients-python/bin directory I receive a core dump error:

INFO:cfclient.gui:Disabling STL printouts
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I haven't been able to get past this error but am looking at archived information.
Thanks,
Season
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Python 3.6 will work, I have been running both 3.5 and 5.6 without any problems.

Could you please describe the procedure you are following to install the dependencies and the client? This error could have a number of reason and it is hard to guess without knowing what you have installed.