CF2.0 could not connect to bootloader

Post here to get support
liki
Beginner

CF2.0 could not connect to bootloader

Post by liki »

Hi,

I have tried to use the latest version of crazyflie client, but there is still a warning that the cf2.0 could not connect to bootloader. Someone else was using this CF2.0 and did some firmware developing, I think this may be the reason why it can not connect to bootloader. But is there any other way to bootload?

Thank you.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: CF2.0 could not connect to bootloader

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

What is the state of the blue LEDs? When in bootloader mode, there should be two blinking BLUE LED. If not (ie. if only one blinks for example), then you will have to re-flash the bootloader using a programmer like the st-link and the debug addapter.

The bootloader is in github: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie2-stm-bootloader. It can be flashed with "make && make flash".
liki
Beginner

Post by liki »

Hi,

Only one blue led is blinking, the other one is turned on but not blinking. I will try to use the debugger to bootload. Thanks.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
Then you should flash the bootloader back the way I described. If it has been removed, you should have to tool to flash it. Once the stm bootloader is flashed back you will be able to flash safely the Crazyflie from the client.

A bit of background on the LED: the M2 LED is handled by the nRF51 radio and power management cpu. The M1 LED is handled by the STM32 main processor. What you are observing is that the nRF51 is in bootloader mode (M2 Blinking), but the STM32 is in normal firmware mode (M1 lit). If you flash back the bootloader, both LED will blink when the full system is in bootloader mode.