Client freeze

Post here to get support
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Client freeze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for the update! It would be nice if you can write an issue describing how to reproduce the problem, this way we can look at solving it.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

OK
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
One month later, after many flights, I had a problem with LPS25H pressure sensor. It did not calibrate, clearly broken.
So, I inhibited LPS25H in firmware (in .../src/hal/drc/sensors_cf2.c).
Then, high surprisingly, I lost my instabilities of roll rate, which drove to freeze the control of cf2.
I have no idea how to explain this. This sensor was weak for a long time, as long as the freeze of the control of my nano-copter...
I will wait a little bit before to say that the problem is SOLVED, but I plan to do so.
Can you explain this phenomenon.
BR
Jean-Claude
I am not satisfied of stability obtained with Kalmann filter, but this will be written in another post.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Interesting find. The MPU9250 and the LPS25H is wired to the same I2C bus and if the LPS25H starts go get communication problems this might add latency to the sensor readings, thus instability.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

It looks likely....
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
I continue testing cf behaviour.
1-I tested my cf with zranger. But in console display, estimator 1 is indicated. So the flight does not mean anything for the point.
2-I made firmware with config.mk and Kalman filter. But in console display estimator 1 is still shown...?
Mainly firmware commit af0f447
BR
Jean-Claude