[SOLVED] µSD-Card-Deck not logging

Post here to get support
Woody
Beginner

[SOLVED] µSD-Card-Deck not logging

Post by Woody »

Hi there,

I am currently trying to get the µSD-card deck to work.
I want to use it together with the loco deck. So far, I put a config file on the card as described here and compiled firmware with VM 2017.03 adding
CFLAGS += -DDECK_FORCE=bcUSD
to config.mk as described here. However, the flag seems to be inactive because the usddeck.c-file is compiled into the firmware no matter whether it’s active or not. Since I found a couple of changes in the git-history since back then, I assume it’s active by default.

However, as I understand it, there is nothing more to do except formatting the card exFAT, putting the config file on it and resetting the crazyflie before the specified variables get logged onto the card. What am I missing here?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Woody
Last edited by Woody on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: µSD-Card-Deck not logging

Post by tobias »

If you are running recent Crazyflie FW it should be automatic and you should not have to compile in the support. Did you have a look at the documentation on the wiki?

I'm pretty sure you need a FAT or FAT32 for the filsystem work. Don't think FATfs supports exFAT.
Woody
Beginner

Re: µSD-Card-Deck not logging

Post by Woody »

In fact, exFAT is not a good option... I had an (admittedly superficial) look at the FatFs documentation and saw something concerning exFAT - assuming I had to format the SD-card that way.

To cut it short: Format the µSD-card FAT32, use a recent firmware and it WORKS :-)

Thank you SOO much!!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] µSD-Card-Deck not logging

Post by arnaud »

I wasn't aware FatFS supported exFat at all but apparently it does now. I guess we do not have a new enough version of FatFS. Anyway, for Crazyflie usecase FAT32 should be more than enough.