Crazyswarm- No sensor data from Crazyflie

Post here to get support
Robert
Beginner

Crazyswarm- No sensor data from Crazyflie

Post by Robert »

Hi Everyone,
I would like to test the Crazyswarm project from USC-ACTLab with my Crazyflies. At this point, I was able to compile the working space, updated the firmwares for Crazyradio and Crazyfiles and Changed the address. Basically I followed the instructions of this link: http://crazyswarm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Before testing using MOCAP system, I tested the communication part between Crazyradio and Crazyflie using the Python-Client GUI. The GUI found the new interface (new addres) and connected successfully but when I moved the crazyflie around it seems that there is no data coming from crazyflie sensors since the "Flight Data" window never got updated. But when I tested with another crazyflie, using the same crazyradio, new firmware, the "Flight Data" window got updated everytime I moved around the crazyflie. It seems that with the new crazyflie firmware there is no data coming out. I tried another test using the new crazyradio (new firmware from crazyswarm project) and a default crazyflie firmware and the result showed that there is sensor data from the crazyflie.
does anyone know if all sensor data coming from the crazyflies, new firmware-crazyswarm, was disable, maybe for reducing traffic? I think I am flashing the Crazyflie using the right method since I used this link: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... #latest-fw.
Basically, I put the two bin files, nrf and stm, generated by crazyswarm project plus the manifets.json and Zip it.
I'd very much appreciate any help. Many thanks
Robert B.
whoenig
Expert

Re: Crazyswarm- No sensor data from Crazyflie

Post by whoenig »

The firmware of the Crazyswarm still supports most functions (including streaming sensor data). However, flying manually is not recommended because the different state estimation requires an external motion capture system for longer operation to correct for drift. We recommend using `make cload` to flash the firmwares (but your method of zipping the files should technically work as well).