IOS Firmware update cancelled in middle | M2 LED Lit blue | Crazyflie not working/connecting

Post here to get support
thebullboy
Beginner

IOS Firmware update cancelled in middle | M2 LED Lit blue | Crazyflie not working/connecting

Post by thebullboy »

I just received my crazyflie. Crazyflie 2.0 was unable to calibrate the sensors even when put on the stable ground. I tried flying it. It was just crawling on the floor, nothing more. I tested, but the same results came when I charged the battery fully. I thought it was because of the firmware update. I started downloading firmware update, but after 5-6 minutes, it automatically canceled. I tried again, my internet went down and the update canceled. After that, I receive an error of failure and M2 light of the crazyflie turned on BLUE (without any blinking) I am not sure, what is happening. Please help. PS. the bootloader mode is also not working (I tried pressing the button for 3 seconds)
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: IOS Firmware update cancelled in middle | M2 LED Lit blue | Crazyflie not working/connecting

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

What happens when you press the button 3 seconds? The bootloader is not supposed to be affected: the bootloader does not modify itself which means that you should be able to try again as many time as you need.

Did you keep the phone close to the Crazyflie during the update?
thebullboy
Beginner

Re: IOS Firmware update cancelled in middle | M2 LED Lit blue | Crazyflie not working/connecting

Post by thebullboy »

Hi Arnaud. Yes I did. And no, nothing happens when I keep the button pressed for 3 seconds. It is just the M2 blue LED constantly ON.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

You can end up in a state where the nRF51 FW is half flashed and hangs so you can't turn it off with the button. The solution to that is to hold the button while connecting the power. This way you can enter bootloading mode again and re-flash it.