Flight Data Stops Working after Motor Power Up

Post here to get support
henri
Beginner

Flight Data Stops Working after Motor Power Up

Post by henri »

Hello everyone,

I recently got a Crazyflie 2.0 from my uni for a project. To quickly get started I used the Android App, but couldn't keep the quadcopter in the air for longer than a few seconds. I then installed the VM and flashed the latest firmware onto the quadcopter. Using a gamepad I was also only able to keep the quadcopter in the air for a few seconds and it appears to randomly spin out of control after that.

I analysed the problem using the client and it seems that pitch, yaw & roll data remain correct after a restart while I do not apply any throttle. I can shake the quadcopter and turn it in any direction I want and the telemetry remains correct: http://imgur.com/a/heUd7

When I start to apply throttle to the motors and slowly tilt the quadcopter in any direction the telemetry suddenly stops being correct and the virtual horizon slowly drifts in a seemingly random direction.

The console startup doesn't indicate any errors with any of the sensors during initialisation. Does anyone have any advice on what I can try to isolate the problem I am facing?

Thanks for any help,
Henri
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Flight Data Stops Working after Motor Power Up

Post by tobias »

Most likely a vibration problem so try that first. Have a look at this post.