[SOLVED] Problem with the Crazyflie

Post here to get support
KOschi
Beginner

[SOLVED] Problem with the Crazyflie

Post by KOschi »

hi there,

i tried flashing my crazyflie with the Firmware from this page: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... x#firmware and this guide: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... ie_service . But this is not working. I powered the crazyflie within 5 seconds after clicking the button "Initiate bootloader cold boot" but all that is happing can be seen on this screenshot:
service_view.PNG
. I waited untill the crazyflie powered off by itself but now its not working proper anymore. I can connect to the flie but then its not reacting to thrust commands :-(

anybody here which can help me?
Last edited by KOschi on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Problem with the Crazyflie

Post by tobias »

When you press the "initiate bootloader cold boot" button is the red LED on the Crazyradio blinking a lot? Try powering it from battery (not with usb). What cfclient and operating system are you using?
KOschi
Beginner

Post by KOschi »

hi, the operating system on my laptop is windows 7, but i am using the provided Virtual Maschine with the VMware Player.

The Crazyflie is an 6DOF one and the Connect informations can be seen in the Screenshot:
Console_view.PNG
The Red LED is only lightly glowing and flashes aprox every 2 seconds.
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

From my point of view the Crazyflie and CrazyRadio looks fine! (the two FAILs are normal for your 6DOF).
Please check your input device! What controller are you using? And Bluetooth or USB?
If your controller is set correctly you should see feedback in the CF Client FlightTab in any case.
If you are using a PS3 controller maybe this POST is interesting for you.
Have you tried to use the Windows installer cfclient-win32-install-2013.4.exe?
KOschi
Beginner

Post by KOschi »

Hi there, i see feedback in the cfclient software. Every input is shown in the GUI but not transported to the flie itself.
Yesterday i was able to fly about 5 minutes, after the flie turned off (because of an empty battery) i loaded it again and then it wasn´t working again.

the Flie shows no reaction to my inputs but the software is reacting to everything.
mjc506
Beginner

Post by mjc506 »

Is your killswitch on?
Liveunderwater
Beginner

Post by Liveunderwater »

I'm having the exact same problem. Windows 7 running the Ubuntu image in VMplayer using a ps3 controller with sixad. When I turn it on I get red LED 5 times, pause and repeat. When I click initiate bootloader and turn it on I get solid green and 1hz blinking red followed by a small flash on the green.
Terminal shows an error:
File "../cflib/bootloader/cloader.py", line 171, in updateInfo
cpuid = struct.unpack("B"*12, pk.data[10:])
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 12
right after I hit power on the crazyflie.
This was working two nights ago. Turned it on yesterday evening and now I can not get a normal status from my crazyflie and can not seem to flash firmware.
Just starting to dig through the forums here but I noticed that this is exactly what I have also.
Does the killswitch also stop firmware updates?
Any help with this would really be appreciated. I had just gotten everything up and running and was about to start tweaking flight parameters when I was forced to jump back to the drawing board.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The 5 red blinks can be because the Crazyflie is moved to much during self test. Try putting it on a stable surface and then power it on. If the red LED blinks 2 times a second it means it has been calibrated and is ready to fly. If it blinks only once a second it is waiting to be calibrated and should be placed on a stable surface.

In bootloader mode the red and green led start alternating but the red led also show the packet transmission so when connected the green led blinks once a second and the red led is a bit dim.
KOschi
Beginner

Post by KOschi »

So the problems continue.

I don´t know how but the crazyflie was working again like a charm but there was a problem with motor 3 which was not rotating untill i gave fill power to the thrust. It then starts to rotate. Several hours after this all was working again. And now its Motor 1 which is only rotaing when giving full thrust.

Can someone explain me this?

All problems i have with the CF are appearing after i tried to flash the new Firmware like i told in the first post in this thread.

Please help me.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,

@KOschi: Could you paste the output from the terminal?

@Liveunderwater: No, the killswitch will not affect this. If you try to re-start the client and re-initiate the bootloader a few times do you get the same error?

/Marcus