[SOLVED] BitCraze Client not starting

Post here to get support
grifo7
Beginner

[SOLVED] BitCraze Client not starting

Post by grifo7 »

Hello there!

I'm a newbie in the forum and I might be posting in the wrong place. If that's the case I apologize in advance.

Today I saw there was a new release of the crazyflie firmware. So I decided to pull all the updates in the repos in the projects folder. So far so good, the BitCraze Client icon even changed. But, for my surprise, when I tried to run the BitCraze Client I get the following terminal error:

Code: Select all

INFO:cfclient.gui:Disabling STL printouts
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputreaders:Input readers: ['linuxjsdev', 'pysdl2']
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputreaders:Successfully initialized [linuxjsdev]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputreaders:Could not initialize [pysdl2]: No SDL2 support on Linux
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Found interfaces: ['leapmotion', 'wiimote', 'zmqpull']
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Could not initialize [leapmotion]: Leap Motion library probably not installed (No module named 'leapsdk')
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Could not initialize [wiimote]: Missing cwiid (wiimote) driver No module named 'cwiid'
INFO:cfclient.utils.config:Dist config read from /home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfclient/configs/config.json
INFO:cfclient.utils.config:Config file read from [/home/bitcraze/.config/cfclient/config.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.input.inputinterfaces:Could not initialize [zmqpull]: ZMQ input disabled in config file
INFO:cfclient.utils.zmq_param:Biding ZMQ for parameters at tcp://*:1213
INFO:cfclient.utils.zmq_led_driver:Biding ZMQ for LED driverat tcp://*:1214
INFO:cfclient.utils.input:Using device blacklist [(VirtualBox|VMware)]
===== 2017.04.27 16:04:19 =====
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cfclient", line 5, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfclient/gui.py", line 153, in main
    main_window = MainUI()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfclient/ui/main.py", line 251, in __init__
    self.cf.commander.send_zdistance_setpoint)
AttributeError: 'Commander' object has no attribute 'send_zdistance_setpoint'
I'm not running it in the BitCraze VM. When I first started with the Crazyflie 2.0, I decided to dual boot Xubuntu 14.04 with everything the VM had (based on the 2016-06 version), to have a more snappy system. But I guess it's missing something now, right?

Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance,
Grifo
Last edited by grifo7 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: BitCraze Client not starting

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

You need to update the crazyflie lib. If you have installed it from source with 'pip -e' just git pull it. If you have not installed the lib manually you can run again pip install -e . in the crazyflie client repos to update the lib version.
grifo7
Beginner

[SOLVED] Re: BitCraze Client not starting

Post by grifo7 »

Thank you for your reply!

Had to delete the entire folder and git clone cflib again (don't know why) but finally got it working. Marked as resolved :)

I tried

pip install -e .
within cflib directory first and got some errors. Then tried:

pip3 install -e .
because I set up python3 as default a long time ago. Still got some permission errors.
Then I tried something I know it's not much advised:

sudo pip3 install -e .
but hey, it worked :D

Just decided to post this so newbies like me don't go through the same.

Thank you again!