[Resolved] Bug: XB1 controller not detected as input device in CFclient 2016.4.1

Post here to get support
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [Resolved] Bug: XB1 controller not detected as input device in CFclient 2016.4.1

Post by arnaud »

The XB1 controller works on reasonably recent Linux distro (it works fine on Xenial). However the micro-usb connector is not well addated to be used so much and ended up being glitchy on my gamepad. The XB1 wireless adapter however does not work on Linux and there does not seems to be much hope of getting it to work soon (the XB1 wireless dongle is basically a Wifi dongle).

As a side note: the PS4 gamepad wireless adapter + PS4 gamepad works really well and has a very good range. It is seen as a USB HID gamepad and USB audio so it will work out of the box on any linux distro. This is what I am now using.
Mitteau
Expert

Re: [Resolved] Bug: XB1 controller not detected as input device in CFclient 2016.4.1

Post by Mitteau »

The test is to connect and look at /dev/input where you should find jsx device.
I did not understand, but I tested the xwbox on 3 different systems:
Debian 9 in a laptop fujitsu-siemens,
Windows Vista on the same computer,
Xubuntu (2017.04) on a Beebox ASRock.
Whatever the way I make the connection, there is no device found with lsusb or ls /dev/input. As a consequence, it is not due to cfclient software nor linux driver module. The xpad or xboxdev does not know the presence of Microsoft receiver because there is no device seen by udev. Furthermore the LED wheel on the joystick does not stop to turn around.
Finally, I took my small raspberry pi2 with debian raspbian and, O surprise, it works at the first tentative.
I still try to understand....
Jean-Claude
H0stname

Post by H0stname »

It was hard for me to even test it. The USB cable that came with the XB1 controller is so crappy it disconnects and shuts off.

I tested it on Ubuntu 16.10. Have not yet tried raspbian but that would make for a nice, compact setup.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Wireless xbox360 is a strange guy ! After failure on every system of mine, it worked on raspbian (you can see my light control system).
SAM_3216_r.JPG
And, 0 surprise, this morning, it works also on my Lifebook/debian....
Looks that there is some initialization parameter in the receiver who was erroneous?
For myself, xbox360 is much better joystick than Undercontrol low cost PS3's.
Definitely solved.
Happy day
Jean-Claude