[SOLVED] via hardware replacement - Crazyflie 2.0 Solid M2 Light

Post here to get support
croycroy
Beginner

[SOLVED] via hardware replacement - Crazyflie 2.0 Solid M2 Light

Post by croycroy »

Hello Everyone,

After a somewhat mild crash into a wall, my crazyflie seems to be having some issues. When powering on, I only get a solid M2 light and when booting into bootloader mode, only the M2 light is flashing. I have successfully upgraded the firmware, previous to this incident, using the iOS app. When attempting to boot into firmware mode, using the instructions on the website, after disconnecting the battery and plugging in the USB while holding the power button down no lights turn on. If I reconnect the battery during this step and then disconnect it, the M2 light will come on while the USB is plugged in. The computer does not see it using dfu-util. I received my crazyradio PA today and tried using restoring the firmware and reseting it using cfloader, but when the crazyfile is in bootloader mode and the radio connects I receive this output every time:

Code: Select all

bitcraze@bitcraze-vm:~/Desktop/projects/crazyflie-clients-python$ bin/cfloader reset
Restart the Crazyflie you want to bootload in the next
 10 seconds ...
Cannot connect the bootloader!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfloader/__init__.py", line 155, in main
    sys.exit(-1)
SystemExit: -1

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/cfloader", line 5, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfloader/__init__.py", line 195, in main
    bl.close()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/bootloader/__init__.py", line 253, in close
    self._cload.close()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/bootloader/cloader.py", line 80, in close
    self.link.close()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/crtp/radiodriver.py", line 265, in close
    self._radio_manager.close()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'close'
The solid M2 light appeared instantly following the collision with the wall.

Thank you,
Cory
Last edited by croycroy on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 Solid M2 Light

Post by tobias »

It is hard to tell what it is without having a look. To me it sounds like a power issue to the STM32 MCU or that something is shorted in the VCC power path.

Do you see anything strange when visually inspecting it? When you go into bootloader mode does any blue led start to blink?

Could you share some detailed/high res pictures of the board?
croycroy
Beginner

Post by croycroy »

Hi Tobias,

Nothing really looks out of the ordinary to me, but when I get it in to bootloader mode the M2 light blinks but no other lights do - same with DFU mode. It also does not seem to respond to a USB connection either, when it is off and I plug it in, it does not automatically turn on. If the battery is unplugged and I plug it in to USB, the only way to get it to turn on is to reconnect the battery for a second, but upon disconnecting the battery it will remain on while plugged in to USB.

As for the photos you requested, I have included them in an email to you, as they are too large to upload here.

Thank you,
Cory
croycroy
Beginner

Post by croycroy »

This problem has been solved. The pressure sensor on the board was damaged and the board needed to be replaced.