[SOLVED] everything looks right, but...not working

Post here to get support
scowby
Beginner

[SOLVED] everything looks right, but...not working

Post by scowby »

I have Windows 7, and an XBOX 360 wired controller. I have assembled the crazyflie completely and, when booted, the four (4) rotors spin, then I get a blue (constant) led on, and 2Hz (bilnking) led on. The green led is off.

I installed crazyflie client and it boots fine, I then flashed the 'cflie-2013.4.bin' firmware, which says it loaded fine.

Everything looks right, but:

Link quality reads 0%. This, despite being able to flash the firmware.

When I run the crazyflie client, the "Flight Data" display moves at a constant rate, slowly rolling over, reverses. Rolls, reverses. This pattern repeats forever. Also:
The battery level fluctuates between 3000mV and 4000mV. It steps in 100mV increments, counting up, then down. This pattern repeats forever. Also:
The motor PWM levels go up, hits the top, then does down all the way. Then up...and down. This repeats.

Only thing I can think is there is some issue with the radio communicating to the copter.

What else can I check here?

Thanks!
foosel
Expert

Re: everything looks right, but...not working

Post by foosel »

Are you sure you selected your actual CrazyRadio when connecting, and not the debug driver?
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

You are connected to the Debugdriver of the CF Client, it is just for testing!
You should see (and use) "radio: . . ." if you push the connect button and the CF is ON.
scowby
Beginner

Post by scowby »

Awesome.

That was it.

Not very clear that you have to click on one of the devices in order to pick it. I just hit "scan" which showed me both:
radio
debug

Then I just hit "connect."

I never highlighted one, I just hit "connect."

Leave it up to your users to use the software in a way you don't realize! But great, I just had it take off and crash land on top of the kitchen cabinet. Gotta go get it.

Thanks a bunch!!!