cfclient install error [win7, win7 virtualbox, ubuntu 16.04]

Post here to get support
giros
Beginner

cfclient install error [win7, win7 virtualbox, ubuntu 16.04]

Post by giros »

Hello ~
I'm trying to follow setting lps develop Env up.
final goal is group automatic flight indoor.

but I'm not familar with these linux Develp Environment. cuz I 've been in only windows

here is several problems that I face now.

1. lps node firmware [passed/ ubuntu]
2. crazyflie firmware [ not passed/ ubuntu, win7], make cload fail..
3. cfclient install [ not passed / ubuntu, win7, win7 virtualbox], cflib ? docker?, tb test not working

error message is up from installing cfclient in win7 pycam
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Trackback (most recent call last):
File "C:/GirosSolution/WORK/Crazyflies/crazyflie-clients-python/bin/cfclient", line 2, in <module> form cfclient.gui import main
File "C:/GirosSolution/WORK/Crazyflies/crazyflie-clients-python/crc/cfclient\__init__.py", line 28, in <module> form appdirs import AppDirs

importError : Nomodule named 'appdirs'

these error is from installing cflib in terminal in ubuntu and adnaconda in win7
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$>pip install -e path/to/cflib
path/to/cflib should either be a path to a local project or a VS url beginning with svn+,git+,hg+,or bzr+

so plz let me know what i'm doing wrong..

thanks
Attachments
cfc_pycam_cfclient_Error.jpg
cflib_설치에러_윈도우.jpg
cfclient_설치에러_윈도우.jpg
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: cfclient install error [win7, win7 virtualbox, ubuntu 16.04]

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

For the LPS, there is only Ubuntu 16.04 ROS support for now. We are activly working at getting the LPS to work with our client and python lib but until this work is more advanced, ROS is the best way to get started. I have never installed ROS in a virtual machine but other have succeeded so you should be able to follow the wiki documentation: https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:lps:index

The pycharm error says that you are missing python package, this could come from you not doing "pip install -e ." in the crazyflie-clients-python folder or you are not using the right python interpreter in pycharm. The procedure to get it to work is explained in the githiub readme: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... ndows-7810.

Finally the line "pip install -e path/to/cflib" Does not make sense to copy-paste like that. You need to replace "path/to/cflib" by the actual path to the lib. Asuming you have activated your conda environment the following sequence should work to install cflib from source:

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-lib-python
cd crazyflie-lib-python
pip install -e .
I suggest you read some documentation for pip and more generally about python if you want to start developing on the crazyflie lib and client.