Propeller issues

Post here to get support
TheYoyoFreak

Propeller issues

Post by TheYoyoFreak »

I don't even know where to begin with this one. My propellers seem to be accelerating past the point where my joystick is held. The propellers don't seem to be calibrated with each other either. Sometimes three spin and the 4th one doesn't even move. Of course this is when I'm holding it. When I try and fly it however, I tried messing with the trim and everything and it just wouldn't cooperate.
The steering doesn't seems to be working correctly. I can normally fly it with barely any problems. Right now it's pretty much uncontrollable. The pitch and roll doesn't seem to be responding at times.
One more thing, it had been maybe months since flying. Is it a problem that I kept the battery plugged in while it was stored in a drawer for that duration?
I may just have to buy 4 new motors. Any troubleshooting help would be greatly appreciated.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Propeller issues

Post by tobias »

Having the battery connected shouldn't be a problem but it could be vise to disconnect it if stored for a longer time as it will take longer to discharge.

Did you update the firmware or cfclient? Have you tried flying it from the mobile client? Have you checked the sensor readings in the cfclient (flight tab)
TheYoyoFreak

Post by TheYoyoFreak »

So my Crazyflie seems to be working for the most part on my MacBook Pro, I use it with a Ps3 controller. I've read that whenever you update firmware it should load from 0% to 100% twice. When I update however, it only loads 1 time. I also don't know whether to use the NRF firmware or the other firmware file. My crazyflie went haywire a few times, the first time I wasn't holding on and it crashed into my laptop. What I mean is that the thrusting just came on by itself. I've actually been able to control the flying pretty well through my laptop today when it does cooperate.
My Android phone is another story though. It seems as though that the roll and pitch can't be controlled. They're basically unresponsive. I can connect with bluetooth fine. When I use the PA adapter however, it says "too many packets lost" when in the past it would connect to the PA just fine. Perhaps my phone may be getting worn out or something? Through my brother's iPhone it seemed to be working at least better than my Android. I could actually somewhat control it. Again, when using my laptop it can fly well, I kept it in the air for how long I usually do.
On a side note, I would like to know the correct procedure for changing the radio channel and data rate and which setting might be best.

(testing it hours later)
It turns out that flying the Crazyflie with the Ps3 controller/Android works just fine. It's when I try to use my phone by itself (meaning just the touch screen) that it doesn't respond correctly. I'm unsure about what would cause this.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It sounds a lot that you are hitting a recently introduced bug that happens on some phones? We are investigating it and hopefully will have a fix soon.