New Nano-tech battery. 3.7V. 45-90C. Motor immediately turns on full thrust when battery is connected

Post here to get support
dan4snow
Beginner

New Nano-tech battery. 3.7V. 45-90C. Motor immediately turns on full thrust when battery is connected

Post by dan4snow »

So I bought a new battery after the stock battery that comes with the Crazyflie puffed, The Nano-tech 300mAh, 45-90C High Discharge Li-Po Battery.

As soon as I connect the battery, the motors turn on at full power as if the board can't handle that level of current and diverts it directly to the batteries.
I was wondering if anyone else has had such a problem and if there's a way to fix it. Is there a cap on the Discharge rate of a battery that the crazyflie can handle?

Thanks very much

Dan
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: New Nano-tech battery. 3.7V. 45-90C. Motor immediately turns on full thrust when battery is connected

Post by arnaud »

Hi, The high-discharge should be alright, this is about amont of current you can pull from the battery and the bigger the merrier :-).

Crazyflie 2.0 works with 1-cell battery, it looks like the one you have is 1-cell so this is OK.

Can you check the polarity of the battery? I happens that such battery have the + and - inverse of the Crazyflie one. From this website I would say that Crazyflie is of polarity "A", but the battery is said to have polarity "B" by default: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nan ... o-100.html. If it is inversed, you can inverse the wire in the mollex connector.