Bootloader won't load on Crazyflie 1.0

Post here to get support
alzulas
Beginner

Bootloader won't load on Crazyflie 1.0

Post by alzulas »

I am trying to update the firmware as I think it will solve a communication error I'm having (it won't send packets back from the crazyflie).

So I go to send the firmware using the "bin/cfloader flash cflie.bin stm32-fw" command in terminal. I'm running 14.04 Ubuntu so that I can also run Indigo ROS, so everything is in terminal.

It seems to start working and the crazyflie, once restarted, blinks it's green light then red light back and forth. Then I get "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'" and it stops and I get back command line, while the CrazyFlie is still attempting to update, lights still blinking.

I'm not sure what to do next, since it appears that it will not update. I've posted below everything that comes out of the bootloader while it's running.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Restart the Crazyflie you want to bootload in the next
10 seconds ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cfclient-2016.4_26_g6285f54-py3.4.egg/cfloader/__init__.py", line 150, in main
if bl.start_bootloader(warm_boot=False):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cflib-0.1.0-py3.4.egg/cflib/bootloader/__init__.py", line 100, in start_bootloader
started = self._cload.check_link_and_get_info()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cflib-0.1.0-py3.4.egg/cflib/bootloader/cloader.py", line 240, in check_link_and_get_info
return self._set_address(addr)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cflib-0.1.0-py3.4.egg/cflib/bootloader/cloader.py", line 258, in _set_address
self.link.cradio.set_address((0xE7,) * 5)
AttributeError: 'RadioDriver' object has no attribute 'cradio'
'RadioDriver' object has no attribute 'cradio'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/cfloader", line 5, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cfclient-2016.4_26_g6285f54-py3.4.egg/cfloader/__init__.py", line 195, in main
bl.close()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cflib-0.1.0-py3.4.egg/cflib/bootloader/__init__.py", line 253, in close
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cflib-0.1.0-py3.4.egg/cflib/bootloader/cloader.py", line 81, in close
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cflib-0.1.0-py3.4.egg/cflib/crtp/radiodriver.py", line 262, in close
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Bootloader won't load on Crazyflie 1.0

Post by arnaud »

This looks like a software error on the PC side. What version of the client are you using?

Does it work to bootload with the GUI client?
alzulas
Beginner

Post by alzulas »

arnaud wrote:This looks like a software error on the PC side. What version of the client are you using?

Does it work to bootload with the GUI client?
It works properly with the GUI, and I can fly it with an XBox 360 controller and a receiver.

I have the most recent downloads of crazyflie-client-python and crazyflie-lib-python-master. But when I've been trying to run examples basiclog.py and radiotest.py it sends data to the quad, but receives no packets back. When I run ramp.py, the green light on the quad blinks as though it's trying to receive packets, but then nothing happens. I've fixed some of the directory locations for the references in the code, but haven't had any luck.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

I just verified that this a bug we introduced recently. I just added a ticket for it: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... issues/271. If you are confortable with python you are welcome to looks at it :-). Otherwise I'll try to have a look later.
alzulas
Beginner

Post by alzulas »

I tried for a day. But I don't think I have enough knowledge about how this code works to fix it. Sorry.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Thanks for trying, I will have a look at it.

/Arnaud