[SOLVED] Playstation 3 Controller not reacting

Post here to get support
nerdOmat
Beginner

[SOLVED] Playstation 3 Controller not reacting

Post by nerdOmat »

Hello,

I have installed the Crazyflie PC-Client. I connected to the crazyflie successfully. I have a Playstation 3 Controller connected to the host PC by USB. When I click Input device->Rescan devices, it seems to recognize the Playstation controller. However nothing happens when I press any buttons. I tested this under Windows 7 and Windows XP (I also have a Ubuntu running, but I first have to solve some python issues there).
Do you have any ideas what I am doing wrong. Are there different versions of Playstation 3 controllers, or do I have to install further drivers for the Playstation 3 controller?

I would be very pleased if you can help me out :).
TheFrog4u
Expert

Re: Playstation 3 Controller not reacting

Post by TheFrog4u »

When using Windows you will have to install a driver to connect the ps3 controller to your pc. Motioninjoy works quite well. There are several threads about how to use Motioninjoy in this forum, just have a look around.
nerdOmat
Beginner

Post by nerdOmat »

Thank you for this information. I have installed motionjoy. Unfortunatelly it does not work neither. Motionjoy does not show me, when I connect the controller. When I test the Controller with the motionjoy tool by clicking on "Game Controller Panel", it does not show any buttons pressed.
nerdOmat
Beginner

Post by nerdOmat »

I also tested another controller, but still it does not work. What could be wrong. Are there different versions of PS3-Controllers indeed? It puzzles me ... Do you have any further ideas, what I could try?
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

You have to load the driver in MotioninJoy, look at this YouTube Tutorial
nerdOmat
Beginner

Post by nerdOmat »

Thank you for your replies. I saw some tutorials, but they already had the driver loaded. So I did not realize that step. I tested it yesterday. It works fine now. It is a lot of fun to fly the Crazyflie :). Now i will try to solve the issues of the PC-Client on Ubuntu.

Cheers