CF 2.0 Yaw Rotation question and iPhone App

Post here to get support
nanobot9000
Beginner

CF 2.0 Yaw Rotation question and iPhone App

Post by nanobot9000 »

Just for background info I have been playing around with the PID setting suggested under the "Tuning..." post and have a question about yaw drift in general. I have inspected the propellers and have even swapped motors around but when I take off using my iPhone I get a yaw rotational drift that is CCW. I know prop wash can be an impact but it does it even when higher in the air. I also know that my thumb on the yaw pad can be an issue, but I only touch the screen to get it to launch and then just use the thrust pad. I don't have a PS3 controller to compare - on its way - so I am not sure if it is just the app interface.

What is the best way to evaluate the values in the crazyflie client to determine the issue? What should the Actual values be reading if I power it on and do not move it? Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I did not see it.

Thanks,
Mike
chad
Expert

Re: CF 2.0 Yaw Rotation question and iPhone App

Post by chad »

Have you tried setting yaw to 0 in the "Custom" tab of the Settings on the iPhone client? That way you can rule out user input entirely...
Try:
Pitch/roll: 25
Thrust: 80
Yaw rate: 0

There is a natural drift to the yaw but I think it is much less pronounced in the most recent versions of the firmware.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
nanobot9000
Beginner

Re: CF 2.0 Yaw Rotation question and iPhone App

Post by nanobot9000 »

Thank you for the reply and links. I had not and will test that out. Thanks! :D