[SOLVED] 2016-02-CF2-firmware compilation

Post here to get support
Mitteau
Expert

[SOLVED] 2016-02-CF2-firmware compilation

Post by Mitteau »

Hi every body.
Since yesterday, I use the new CF2-firmware. Looks OK.
I want to make tiny modification (on LED-ring pilot).
I get arm library.
But compilation stops :

Not a git repository...

Compilation did not raise problems with former versions of firmware.

Thank you for all.

Regards.
Last edited by Mitteau on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chad
Expert

Re: 2016-02-CF2-firmware compilation

Post by chad »

It looks like the addition of the libdw1000 submodule and the subsequent build step to call "tools/make/check-for-submodules.py" in support of it fails when you've downloaded a zip of the source instead of cloning the git repository.

I've submitted a bug against the bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware repository.

I suggest you clone the git repository instead of using the zip until this bug is addressed.

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware.git
cd crazyflie-firmware
git submodule init
git submodule update
make all
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

You can also use the --recursive switch

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware.git --recursive
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Post by kristoffer »

We broke out the driver for the dw1000 (the new positioning system) since it is also used in the anchors and we need to share the code between the projects. Git submodules is one way of distributing/sharing libraries but there are other alternatives.

@Mitteau It seems as you have downloaded the code as a zip, and we did not really consider that when we added the submodule. What is your use case? Is git a showstopper for you?
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

@chad @christoffer, thank you very much for your quick answer. I will test your solution this week-end. Then I will write a short report.

Presently, I simply use my CF2 to learn piloting it in a room (over a bed, because of crashes). It's not so easy!! I added the LED-ring (problems seem to be solved with the last edition of CF2-firmwate), with a slight modification (self._ledring_nbr_effects and self._ledring_effect should be initialized in FlightTab.py, to 13 and 6 respectively). I use Xbox360 wireless with adhoc input json file. My LEDring is not set through chheadless, but this is another question.

Next I will add buzzer. I planned to use analogical time command (in front of Xbox) to command buzzer for the note to be sung. For this I must enter deeper in Qt4.

Other difficulties with motor fixation and motors were solved with the help of the forum: hairs in the propellers, lowering of the axis of the motor, etc. The fixation of the motor connector P7, P8, P9, P10 is rather weak. One has been slightly moved in a crash. I use a balance to measure thrust and have an idea of the quality of the motors. Before every flight, I make a small run of the motors. If they stop simultaneously, I will have stable flight.

I planned to mount camera and GPS, to examine the roof of my house... My aim is to obtain a really stable fixed position. I read your contributions and the research papers you indicated.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

I apologize for Christoffer who is Kristoffer... Namely Chrstoffel is the man of some symbols of riemannian geometry. So hello everybody.
I achieved my tests.
My report will be short enough:

My system is standard Ubuntu studio 15.10 + xfce4.
In my home directory, I create a directory named "GIT", put my file giter.sh inside, written according to chad's recommendation:

git clone https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware.git
cd crazyflie-firmware
git submodule init
git submodule update

I had to load ARM libs which was done using Synaptic with the recommended repository added.

I slightly modified LEDring pilot led12ring.c:
1/initialize ring with 0 value (according to the value written in Python client,
2/modified boat lights:black at the front, green on the RIGHT red on the LEFT and 3 white leds at the back.

then make... Firmware loaded using Python client bootloader tab.

Everything works fine.
Mitteau
Expert

Re: [SOLVED] 2016-02-CF2-firmware compilation

Post by Mitteau »

I should add that Initially I did not use zip file but tar.gz
Regards
Jean-Claude
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] 2016-02-CF2-firmware compilation

Post by kristoffer »