Removing propellors

Post here to get support
jweather
Beginner

Removing propellors

Post by jweather »

My props have gotten scuffed up from repeated crashes while learning to fly... now that I'm ready for some fresh props, how on earth do I get these off? I've tried pliers, IC-pullers, and reasonable amounts of force, but can't seem to get them off the motor shafts. I actually broke one motor's wires while trying. :(
atomicdog
Expert

Re: Removing propellors

Post by atomicdog »

You could try sticking a screw driver between the motor housing and the prop, and then prying it off.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

No matter what you do, hold on to the motor really tight... I just managed to destroy my M4 and spent the last 15min trying (and thankfully succeeding) to exchanging it with my only spare, ripped the wire in half. Now ordered 5 more spares ;)

Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

Unfortunately too late for you foosel, but i made a video to prevent damage for the other people.
That is my style to remove CF propellers:
YouTube Link
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Great video DesTinY!
jweather
Beginner

Post by jweather »

A small screwdriver works perfectly for prying them up, thank you. I was expecting them to slide off the way they slid on, but apparently they get pretty wedged on there after a few crashes. I'm happy to report that after swapping in my spare motor and four shiny new props, my Crazyflie is performing better than ever. Definitely ordering some spare props, they are basically a consumable item the way I'm flying so far!