[SOLVED] Console Error

Post here to get support
Zehuti
Beginner

[SOLVED] Console Error

Post by Zehuti »

Everything went well with construction, but when I turn it on, the red LED blinks 5 times rapidly. I tried flashing the firmware, but that didn't fix it. I eventually found the console and am getting the following errors;

IMU: HMC5883L I2C connection [FAIL].
IMU: MS5611 I2C connection [FAIL].
MPU6050: Self test acc Y [FAIL]. low: 0.300000, high: 0.949999, measured: 0.0

How can I fix these errors?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Zehuti on Sat May 18, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFrog4u
Expert

Re: Console Error

Post by TheFrog4u »

Did you put the cf on a stable, flat ground and not move it after switching it on? Seems like you have similar errror like here
Zehuti
Beginner

Post by Zehuti »

No luck there. I have been attempting to fly it off of a flat wooden desk pressing the on button without moving it. Thanks for that link, I learned a bit from it, but to no avail :(

Edit: As per what Marcus said in that thread, I also tried moving it around a handful of times right after powering it on. Still get the 5 red blinks of death.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

We have gotten a couple of failed MPU6050 tests and we are discussing this with Seeedstudio. There might have been a few bad chips as we think the MPU6050 should handle "normal" crashes. That said the MPU6050 is not unbreakable and a "high g" crash (over 10000g) might damage/break it. We will try to get back regarding this as soon as possible.
Zehuti
Beginner

Post by Zehuti »

Tobias,

As I don't think it would have experienced that amount of force during shipping, is it safe to assume that Seeedstudio will replace them?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I think Seeedstudio will replace them. Open a support issue at Seeedstudio.